Director, Integrated Watershed Management
Progressive Benefits Package
At Kawartha Conservation, we believe our success is dependent on people who want to achieve great things. We have a team of individuals who are talented, dedicated, and are committed to our mission to “provide leadership in watershed management and conservation”.
We are currently seeking a results-driven leader to fill our position of Director, Integrated Watershed Management. This position is responsible for leading and administering the Integrated Watershed Management Department, which involves flood forecasting, environmental monitoring, GIS information services, lake planning, climate change adaptation, low water response programs, and various special projects. The Director, Integrated Watershed Management reports to the Chief Administrative Officer and works as part of the corporate leadership team, and with the Board of Directors, Municipal Officials, members of the public, and various stakeholder groups.
To be successful in this position, the candidate must consistently demonstrate professional integrity and management competencies of leadership, resource and fiscal management, networking and relationship building, results orientation, and risk management.
Additional qualifications include:
* A university degree in a relevant field of study such as Water Resources Engineering, Hydrogeology, Environmental Studies, Ecology, Earth Sciences, etc.
* Minimum of ten (10) years demonstrated experience in a progressively responsible management role, preferably within a related industry.
* Experience with supervising and motivating employees.
* Experience with relevant federal, provincial, and municipal legislation and policies.
* Excellent understanding of natural systems at a site and landscape level; specific expertise in a combination of aquatic or terrestrial biology, ecology, geography, hydrogeology, or water quality an asset.
* Excellent computer skills, proficient in MS Word, MS Excel; working knowledge of MS Access, GIS applications, modelling software and statistical software an asset.
* Familiar with workplace legislation such as Employment Standards Act, WSIB, Occupational Health and Safety, Human Rights Act, and AODA.
* Dedicated to exemplary customer service.
* Demonstrated project management skills.
* Proficient in report writing and presentations.
* Valid M.T.O. driver’s license.
If you possess these skills and share our corporate values of knowledge, innovation, integrity, teamwork, and performance excellence we encourage you to visit our website at KawarthaConservation.com for a full job description, and to review our complete list of corporate values that drive our success.
Applicants are required to electronically submit a cover letter that specifically demonstrates how you meet the position qualifications above, with a resume in one MS WORD or ADOBE PDF, no later than midnight, June 3, 2018 to:
Email: [email protected]
Re: Director, Integrated Watershed Management
277 Kenrei Road, Lindsay ON K9V 4R1
Tel: 705.328.2271 Fax: 705.328.2286
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. We will accommodate the needs of applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise Human Resources to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.