Chattahoochee Riverkeeper (CRK) is a nonprofit environmental and education organization with more than 7,200 members and offices in Atlanta, Gainesville and LaGrange, which works to protect the Chattahoochee River, its lakes, and tributaries through education, monitoring, outreach, and legal actions. The Development Associate is directly supervised by the development director. The Development Associate works with the Executive Director, Development Director and Communications and Marketing Manager to provide support that will promote the fundraising, communications and marketing efforts of the organization. This position frequently represents CRK at outreach events during workday, evening and weekend hours.
- Answer and screen telephone calls for Executive Director and Riverkeeper using tact and judgment; direct all other calls to appropriate staff members.
- Retrieve mail from box and distribute to appropriate staff.
- Order and manage inventory of all office supplies.
- Provide administrative support to the Development Director, Communications and Marketing Manager, and team to reach fundraising, communications, marketing and event planning goals.
- Manage the CRK store.
- Coordinate all check logs and thank you calls.
- Manage and develop CRK’s basic membership plan.
- Work with Database Manager to process member renewals and other direct mail pieces (i.e. special appeals, end of year appeal, etc.).
- Assist Database Manager with Raiser’s Edge (and RE NXT) by creating batches, queries, data analysis and more.
- Attend and provide direct assistance with all events, including but not limited to Sweep the Hooch, River Revival, Back to the Chattahoochee River Race and Festival, Patron Dinner, and all partner events (Aveda Earth Month, Orvis, Save the Hooch).
- Coordinate staffing for all tabling events.
- Recruit and manage Development and Communication Interns.
- Recruit and manage Volunteers for outreach events and office work.
- Coordinate CRK annual Member Celebration.
- Work with Development Director to transition to CRK liaison for EarthShare Georgia, managing all aspects of the relationship.
- Work with Development Director to be trained on all aspects of running the Lake Lanier Aquatic Learning Center Scholarship Program.
Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to work nights and weekends during event season.
- Organized and effective while managing multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to function in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of and desire to learn Development Operations.
- Interest in and knowledge of environmental issues.
- Database experience, including creating and analyzing queries and reports
- Event planning.
- Flexibility and an understanding of the nature of non-profit work.
Salary: Commensurate with experience; full-time employees receive generous benefits.
Application Deadline: June 1, 2018
Application Instructions: Please submit cover letter and resume to Juliet Cohen, Executive Director, Chattahoochee Riverkeeper, 3 Puritan Mill, 916 Joseph Lowery Blvd., Atlanta, GA 30318.
Chattahoochee Riverkeeper is an equal opportunity employer and considers candidates for employment without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation.