Tetra Tech International Development Services is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified engineer/technical consultants to serve as a full-time temporary staff member of the USAID/WASH-FIN Cambodia Activity. This role will require approximately a 4-month commitment beginning in mid-July 2018.
Tetra Tech is implementing the Water Sanitation and Hygiene Finance (WASH-FIN) project on behalf of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) in several countries in Asia and Africa. WASH-FIN aims to close WASH sector financing gaps in priority countries. In Cambodia, WASH-FIN aims to improve WASH sector service delivery by mobilizing domestic private finance to private water operators (PWOs) through assessing and enhancing creditworthiness, conducting a landscape study of banking and financial institutions and their lending policies and risk profiles, and by reviewing and analyzing business plans and bankable projects conceptualized by PWOs.
Tetra Tech is currently seeking two Water Engineers to support the WASH-FIN Cambodia Team Leader in efforts to provide technical assistance to two pilot groups of PWOs as they plan to expand and improve their services and seek external commercial financing to finance these plans. It is envisioned that this pilot effort will have a duration of approximately four months. Under the direction of Team Leader, the Water Engineer will work in conjunction with the WASH-FIN Cambodia team and any local subcontractors to assist the pilot PWOs to develop technically and commercially feasible water supply system expansions or improvement plans that may be structured into attractive proposals for commercial financing.
* Technical assessments of engineering design packages for planned system expansions/improvements, identifying opportunities for improvement;
* Support in the development of realistic cost estimates and construction schedules for the system expansion/improvement plans;
* Assistance in the development of PWO business plans that demonstrate the commercial feasibility of the proposed plans;
* Assistance in the development of proposals for commercial financing;
* Support in other capacity development activities for both PWOs and lenders;
* Documentation of lessons learned; and
* Undertaking of other specific duties and tasks as assigned by the Cambodia Team Leader.
* University degree in engineering, or any other relevant technical degree.
* At least 5-7 years of experience in the planning, design, cost estimating, scheduling and/or construction supervision of potable water supply systems.
* Experience in the development of technical-commercial feasibility studies for potable water supply systems.
* Experience in the development of business plans for Private Water Operators, or Capital Expenditure/ Master Plans for water/wastewater utilities.
* Familiarity with relevant technical specifications, design standards and applicable environmental/ regulatory requirements.
* Professional license from government/professional engineering association is highly preferred.
* Cambodian nationals strongly encouraged to apply.
* Technically competent, licensed, independent, collaborative and able to communicate clearly in strong engineering design skills.
* Strong writing skills, notably, the ability to structure and write clear technical reports.
* Ability to perform financial analysis, including the review of financial statements.
* Ability to reliably produce high quality deliverables by defined deadlines.
* Ability to clearly communicate complex technical issues to various audiences.
* Adept at working effectively in a donor-funded environment.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* List of at least three professional references (Please provide email and phone numbers)
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted. Deadline for applications is June 8, 2018.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.