Santa Cruz, California (CA) preferred but negotiable for Arlington Virginia (VA) or Seattle, Washington (WA) CA945
WORK WITH US
The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact around the world in 69 countries, all 50 United States, and your backyard. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. Visit www.nature.org/about-us to learn more.
The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, 401k or savings-plan matching for eligible employees, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact around the world in more than 35 countries, all 50 United States, and your backyard. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Visit www.nature.org/aboutus to learn more.
The Office of the Chief Scientist (OCS) is the Conservancy’s centralized research unit that drives synthesis and creation of new evidence around linkages between conservation and human well-being. Lead Scientists and other science staff in OCS drive primary research and synthesis at the leading edge of use-driven science, probing for solutions to joint global challenges for nature and people. We also cultivate and engage world-class universities in partnerships that help bring global expertise in diverse disciplines to our conservation challenges.
The Bridge Collaborative Program Manager is a one-year term limited position (with potential to extend) focused on managing a major global coalition effort that will help not only the conservation community, but also the health, education, poverty alleviation, security, governance, and economic development communities to create a transformation in the way evidence is generated. This coalition effort will bring together thought leaders from these communities to agree on principles for defining results chains and grading evidence that will allow the creation of an integrated socio-ecological evidence base for conservation, natural resource management, health and development.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
- As a term position, the Bridge Collaborative Program Manager will be responsible for specific deliverables throughout their tenure. These are:
- Convene Advisory Council and other key internal and external scientists to discuss governance, coalition design.
- Draft governance instruments, decision making processes and coalition membership and finalize through consultation with Advisory Council and Secretariat.
- Support the recruitment and establishment of environment-human linkage working groups and leads.
- Support the hiring of post-docs and assign to appropriate working groups.
- Facilitate regular Advisory Council, Co-PI and Secretariat communications
- Design, organize and facilitate rapid innovation phase workshop in coordination with Secretariat.
- Facilitate workshop to review alternate principle proposals from working groups.
- Support submission of principles to peer-reviewed journals in several relevant fields.
- Write and publish blogs and other communications to elevate evidence base and principles to broad communities.
- Organize talks for government, academic and practitioner audiences.
- Organize launch event for report on principles targeting diverse academic and practice communities.
- BA/BS degree and 5 years’ experience in conservation practice or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience managing complex or multiple projects, including staffing, workloads and finances under deadlines.
- Supervisory experience, including motivating, leading, setting objectives and managing performance.
- Experience developing partnerships (partners, community, government.
- Negotiation skills.
- 5-7 years’ experience in conservation, development or health practice or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience influencing, developing and implementing conservation, health or development policy and plans.
- Knowledge of current trends and practices in relevant discipline(s) and regions.
- Knowledge of methods and standards of biodiversity, development and/or health information systems and initiatives.
- Communicating clearly via written, spoken, and graphical means in English and other relevant languages.
- Demonstrated experience in fundraising.
- Politically savvy and experienced in partnership development (partners, community, government)
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to position number 44487, submit resume and cover letter as one document. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on August 15, 2016.
Click “submit” to apply for the position or “save for later” to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited. Failure to complete required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.
If you experience technical issues, please refer to our applicant user guide or contact [email protected]
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of men and women of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of *The Nature Conservancy’s background screening process.*
Job Title: Bridge Collaborative Program Manager
Job ID: 44487