Itad is recognised as a leading consultancy in international development, particularly in performance monitoring systems, evaluation, and programme design, across a range of sectors. We have a very strong record in major institutional and thematic evaluations for a wide range of agencies. Itad is a well-established consultancy, going through a period of expansion in response to the strong demand for services in monitoring, learning and evaluation. We are recruiting permanent staff posts at Consultant level.
We are recruiting a Senior Consultant to join our WASH team. An important aspect of the position will be to act as the programme manager of our Independent Monitoring and Verification services of UNICEF’s Accelerating Sanitation and Water for All (ASWA) II programme, which runs across 10 countries. As project manager, you will be responsible for the development and finalisation of our assessment methodology, work plan, quality assurance and risk management plan. You will organise the team’s inputs and the quality assurance of their outputs, prepare global deliverables and report to the client on a quarterly basis. We are looking for an experienced project manager with technical expertise and experience in the water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) sector.
While the majority of your time will be focused on ASWA, you will be part of a growing WASH portfolio, with opportunities to engage in project acquisition, marketing and networking and professional development.
Your skills and experience will include:
- A proven track record at a senior level of managing and leading projects and assignments for a range of international clients within a major aid agency or NGO focused within the WASH sector.
- Experience in designing and using indicators for the monitoring or verification of WASH interventions (at project or organisational levels) is highly desirable.
- Technical experience in at least one major aspect of data collection and analysis, such as: evaluation design; monitoring and reporting systems; qualitative methodologies and data collection, analysis and interpretation of qualitative data; survey sampling, survey design or statistical analysis
- Clear understanding of the commercial drivers that contribute to successful project management
- Strong analytical, facilitation, presentation and writing skills including knowledge management and sharing including writing and presenting papers would be highly advantageous
Duties and responsibilities:
- Work with the Business Development team identify business leads, produce Expressions of Interest (EOIs) and prepare project proposals, including bid writing, work planning, and establishing project teams and consortia where appropriate
- Proactively network with clients, partners and consultants to promote Itad’s interests in WASH monitoring, verification and evaluation; and maintain awareness of forthcoming opportunities and the latest developments in the sector
- Provide technical inputs into WASH projects including contributions to the monitoring and verification of WASH interventions run by UNICEF
- Coordinate WASH leads and market intelligence towards building a growing WASH portfolio.
- Develop and maintain networks of freelance consultants and associates with skills in WASH, monitoring, verification and evaluation.
- Build partnerships with like-minded organisations with complementary skills and interests.
- Monitoring and managing the commercial performance of projects under your delegated management, in line with project budgets and financial targets.
- Ensuring partner organisations and individuals deliver to the standards expected by the client.
The role is based in our offices in Hove (East Sussex) but with travel throughout Europe and internationally as a requirement of the role.
For non-EU applicants: If you are a non-EU National then please refer to the UK Border Agency website for information regarding your eligibility to work in the UK.
Application is via CV and covering letter with a closing date of 14th June 2018 and we would like the selected candidate to start as soon as possible.