We are seeking a Water Engineer at Senior or Principal Consultant level, to join an expanding team delivering an interesting and varied range of water and sanitation work internationally across a range of sectors.
You will provide consultancy services and project management, working in donor-funded international development markets, as well as identifying opportunities, developing proposals.
The successful applicant will be involved in work ranging from the development and application of technical skills in engineering and consultancy to international standards for infrastructure development, including:
· Water supply: municipal service provision, treatment process design, piped distribution systems, decentralised provision, non-revenue water, rural supply systems.
· Sanitation: centralised piped collection and treatment system design, decentralised service provision including faecal sludge management, rural sanitation.
· Integrated Water Resources: water shed management plans, flood risk, irrigation systems, retention and drainage infrastructure.
· Proactively target new business opportunities and lead and contribute to high quality expressions of interest and proposals to win new business
· Use initiative to exploit business opportunities and win work for the Water sector and wider business through developing network and relationships with partners, donors & clients
· Support in the delivery of technical inputs, principally in the areas of water and sanitation, on a wide range of assignments as required
· Work collaboratively with engineers, planners and policy makers in the multi-disciplinary teams
· Manage projects and support on project tasks, under the leadership of other specialists, to ensure delivery to the high standards expected by IMC and our clients
· Work with other team members to deliver the water strategy and capability and the overall Engineering Strategy
You will join the Water team working to develop and deliver the technical capacity within the Engineering Business Steam strategy.
You will work closely with a strong team of four colleagues under the leadership of the Water Sub-Stream Leader and the Senior Technical Director for Engineering.
The working environment is informal and creative, but we are uncompromising on the quality of work we deliver to clients.
You will also collaborate with other IMC members of staff from other Business Steams and from the Regions when working on projects and as needed in business development.
Qualifications, understanding & training:
Postgraduate degree qualification in a relevant discipline
Sound experience and technical capacity in the design and supervision of Water Sector engineering projects, ideally in international development
Previous experience of working with international funding agencies, EU, World Bank, Asian Development Bank, EBRD and/or experience of working with iNGOs in the implementation of WASH projects
Interested in experience/expertise in WASH in climate and resilience, monitoring & evaluation, utilities and service level approach
Business Development experience
Preparation and writing successful EOI’s/Bids/Proposals including technical input for multi- and bi-lateral clients, such as DFID, World Bank and EU
Overseas work experience in Africa, South Asia, South East Asia, Eastern Europe, the Caucasus, Caribbean or South Pacific
Experience of working in fragile or conflict affected states is desirable
Hours of work – This role is a full-time position.
Location – The role is based in the IMC offices in Redhill. We are a short walk from Redhill train station, which has direct links to London and the South Coast. There is free parking available on site depending on availability.
Due to the nature of our work, all IMC contracts require job holders to be able to travel overseas to our overseas projects as and when required.
Salary – Competitive salary depending on experience.
Annual leave – 25 days annual leave plus 8 public holidays.
The holiday year is 1st January – 31st December.
Benefits – Buying and selling of annual leave scheme, private medical insurance, health cash plan scheme, life assurance scheme, company contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme. IMC also supplies free refreshments and fruit, and there is a dress down day every Friday.