The OFDA Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) Program Manager is responsible for overseeing, at all stages, the Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) program of the OFDA North Hub Consortium Program. This CARE position will report to the CARE North Deputy Director of Programs (DDP), but be responsible for managing the WASH component of the OFDA Consortium, and will thus be working alongside the other WASH partners, WVI and Mercy Corps. S/he is also accountable for accomplishing the WASH program objectives and outcomes. The OFDA WASH Program Manager ensures the overall success of the program by making sure the WASH partners team completes the defined activities while adhering to agreed humanitarian, accountability and SPHERE standards and contractual obligations; and that the project is completed on time, within budget and with acceptable quality. The OFDA WASH Program Manager will also ensure that all consortium WASH activities are aligned with the overall CARE North WASH program strategy and vice versa.
- Oversee project implementation
- Monitoring and training
- Other assigned tasks by supervisor
- MSc in Water / Environmental Engineering or Management or Civil Engineering or Hydrology / Geology
- Proven technical experience in working in Environmental Engineering, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene in a humanitarian setting
- Previous experience with an INGO in a management capacity in the WASH sector, preferably in an emergency context
- Proven understanding and management of OFDA technical requirements in WASH
- Previous experience working directly with local partners, especially in a remote-management context
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at [email protected].
CARE USA is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.