If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization we would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
- Provide direct technical support to strengthen capacity of Masbate Provincial WASH Task Force in replicating the Phased Approach to Sustainable Sanitation (PhATSS) program.
- Conduct regular meetings to coordinate and monitor the implementation of the WASH workplan/budget.
- Support the development/integration of WASH into the LGUs Annual Investment Program.
- Document local partnership models in support of PhATSS implementation.
- Capacity development of the pilot municipal LGUs on the various program approaches for each stage of PhATSS. Ensure cross-cutting themes on resiliency, inclusivity and gender responsiveness are addressed.
- Coordinate technical assistance from regional government partners supporting PhATSS and the First 1000 Days (F1KD) Integration Program.
- Implement C4D activities and septage management activities of partner LGUs with support from UNICEF’s implementing partners.
- Provide technical support on the F1KD Integrated Program.
- Monitoring and capacity development support to Regional WASH Hub in Region 5.
- Provide technical support for the provincial roll-out of WASH in ECCD program and the WASH in Schools Program.
Deliverables – Each deliverable will have a specific date within the 11 months’ duration.
- Technical assistance plan developed with the pilot municipal and provincial LGUs.
- Monitoring system set up for PhATSS that is gender-sensitive and equity focused, linked to rewards/incentives and opportunities for regular knowledge exchange.
- Facilitate partnership process between Provincial LGUs and local masons, technical/ vocational education institutions and microfinance institutions.
- Documentation on the process, user satisfaction and recommendation on public-private partnership and monitoring system for PhATSS.
- Training and/or mentoring sessions on the various programming tools/components of PhATSS (including, but not limited to: use of C4D materials, low cost household toilet design options, assessing WASH in health care facilities, integration of cross cutting themes).
- Report on the LGU experiences of using: the C4D materials, the PhATSS toolkit and the PhATSS diagnostic tool.
- Capacity building of community-based monitoring groups (or third party monitors).
- Develop and support implementation of a capacity development / rollout plan for assigned Region 5 staff coordinating F1KD, PhATSS, WASH in Schools and WASH in ECCD.
- Co-facilitate progress review and support the development of the (F1KD) integrated technical assistance workplan.
- Monthly report on the technical support provided and progress of implementation with recommendations on how to address bottlenecks.
Qualifications and Competencies of Successful Consultan
- Bachelor’s degree in Sanitary Engineering, Civil Engineering or other degree related to environmental health, hygiene, sanitation or behavior change.
- Knowledge of government policies pertaining to WASH, health, nutrition, gender and children.
- Knowledge of existing laws, rules and regulations on sanitation and its implementation in the Philippines will be an advantage.
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Fluency in English and local language is desirable.
- At least 4 years of work experience in analysis, design and implementation of policies, strategies and programmes for the delivery of basic WASH services and programs to poor rural households.
- Experience in community based WASH, Health or Nutrition programs.
- Experience in community development, participatory programming and local governance.
- Experience in local government policies, planning and financing.
- Experience in implementing the Phased Approach to Total (Sustainable) Sanitation is preferred.
- Experience in designing and facilitating trainings related to the different program approaches in PhATSS.
- Experience in producing guidance notes and process documentation.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, innovate, plan and execute ideas and systems.
- Ability to express clearly and concisely ideas and concepts convincingly in written and oral form.
- Proven ability to plan, manage and monitor the effective use and safekeeping of fixed assets and financial resources.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and manage multiple activities and adjust to changing priorities.
- Ability to organize and implement training and to supporting teams to build capacity.
- Good interpersonal skills; sensitivity to partner’s needs and expectations and maintaining open communication.
- Innovative, able to take risk and able to lead or participate in change to keep operations working; practical solution oriented.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates are requested to complete an online candidate profile in http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/ by 24 May 2018. Only applications sent through the e-recruitment portal under Job Number: 512945 will be considered.