About the Position
Water For People plans to roll out a WASH Equity and Inclusion Framework across our programs and monitoring in the coming year to further our mission of reaching Everyone where we work. Water For People is currently recruiting an intern to support the work of the organization’s WASH Equity and Inclusion Taskforce in the development and dissemination of the new Framework. The intern will work on various facets of the Framework including research, coordination, and interviewing.
This position is based at Water For People’s headquarters in Denver, Colorado for 8 to 10 hours a week per the intern’s availability. This internship is intended to last through October but can be flexible. Some work can be done remotely, particularly during the summer months. Candidates must have an interest in international development, awareness of water and sanitation challenges in developing countries, and a passion for equity and inclusion. The successful applicant will be highly proficient in Spanish, have strong analytical and complex problem-solving skills, demonstrated high level attention to detail, a flexible and team-oriented work style, and excellent communication skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Conduct desk research
- Support the planning and Framework development efforts of the WASH Equity and Inclusion Taskforce
- Review and streamline various interview results from across country programs
- Provide administrative support to the project
BEHAVIORS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Connects to the Mission – Embraces the mission of Water For People and is passionate about advancing the dynamic role it plays leading social impact in international development.
- Demonstrates Ethics and Integrity – Understands ethical behavior and business practices and ensures that own behavior is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Action-oriented – Has an unwavering commitment to delivering quality work products.
- Connects with Others – Demonstrates exceptional communications and interpersonal skills.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Student pursuing an MA in International Development, with an awareness of water and sanitation challenges in developing countries as well as equity and inclusion initiatives/frameworks.
- Exemplary communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Extreme professionalism, enterprising attitude, confidence, and willingness to interact with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work with people around the world, with unique cultural backgrounds.
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude, problem-solver, collaborator.
- Fluency in Spanish
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
CONTACT AND FURTHER INFORMATION:
Deadline for submitting your application is 5PM MDT, Friday, May 25, 2018 If you are both qualified and Water For People interests you, please send us your resume and cover letter that introduces you to us, and provides insights into both your experiences and how you are the ideal candidate for this position. Also, please let us know how you heard about this position. Resumes and cover letters can be sent to [email protected]; please put the job title in the subject line.
Please no phone calls or in person inquiries.
This is an unpaid internship. Water For People can support in coordinating credit for this work if graduate program permits.
If you are qualified and Water For People interests you, please send us your resumé and a cover letter that provides insight into both your experience and how you are the ideal candidate for this position. Also, please let us know how you heard about this position.
Resumés and cover letters can be sent to [email protected]; please put the job title in the subject line. Please no phone calls or in person inquiries.