MEDASSET is looking for a dynamic, experienced Programme Officer on a full-time basis at its offices located in Athens, Greece.
Job Purpose: Coordinating conservation & research projects in relation to sea turtle populations and habitats, marine and coastal biodiversity, with a focus on marine litter and bycatch issues.
Reports to: Director.
- Coordinating and/or implementing sea turtle research or conservation projects, ensuring administration, reporting and delivery within budget and on time.
- Planning and implementing advocacy campaigns, incl. Greek sea turtle priority habitats (e.g. Zakynthos, Gulf of Kyparissia).
- Report writing and presentation to national authorities.
- Researching funding sources and calls, writing and submitting proposals.
- Developing partnerships and maintaining relationships with NGOs, scientists, authorities, stakeholders, funders, etc.
- Writing and editing articles, press releases, scientific papers and other material. Attending national/international meetings and conferences, preparing and presenting posters or oral presentations.
- Administrative work, including internal reporting, filing, data retrieval, correspondence, database updating, etc.
Qualifications & Skills required:
- Master’s or higher level university degree in biology, marine sciences, environmental management or environmental engineering, and at least 3 years of relevant professional experience. Or, a Bachelor’s degree in these disciplines with at least 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Proven professional experience in proposal writing and project management.
- Knowledge of national (Greek) and EU environmental policies, legislation and structures.
- Excellent written and oral language skills in Greek and English.
- Excellent computer software skills (Email, Internet, Microsoft Windows and Office).
- Ability to form and maintain partnerships in a multi-disciplinary work environment.
- Commitment to environmental protection.
- Availability to travel nationally and internationally.
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to quickly pick up new skills, proactive, efficient and able to multi-task and prioritise workloads.
- EU national or holder of a valid permit to work in Greece. Male Greek citizens should have fulfilled their military obligations.
- Knowledge of marine litter and/or sea turtle bycatch issues
- Knowledge of international environmental policies.
- Experience of working in the NGO sector.
- Other software skills such as GIS, Photoshop, etc.
Deadline for applications: May 27th, 2018, midnight, Athens time (EEST).
Apply by sending your CV and cover letter to: [email protected]. Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted and will be required to submit two reference letters and proof of qualifications required (diplomas, certificates, etc).