World Neighbors Job Vacancy Announcement
World Neighbors (WN) is an International non-governmental, non-profit development agency (NGO), working in Oecusse Region, Timor-Leste, to inspire people and strengthen communities to find lasting solutions to hunger, poverty and disease, and promote a healthy environment.
WN is seeking highly qualified candidates to fill the position of WASH Program Officer for an ongoing integrated water and sanitation, conservation and sustainable agriculture project in Oecusse, Timor-Leste.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
· Oversee and support day to day program activities implementation undertaken by local partners through direct leadership and involvement, support, and monitoring. WASH main activities will include:
Water source conservation and protection.
Community Led Total Sanitation (CLTS).
Hygiene promotion at the community level.
· Ensure the inclusion of all community members of the target area are involved and well informed of the program, particularly women.
· Assist local partners to develop work plans, and their monthly and quarterly progress reports.
· Support and improve local partner staff’s capacity in the execution of activities, WASH technical matters, community engagement and approach.
· Assist local partners in improving the capacity of community groups, especially water user groups and farmer groups.
· Verify and cross-check all data directly with community and through field observation.
· Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly progress report containing quantitative and qualitative information, and submit summary data for the weekly activity report.
· Minimum 3 years of experience in WASH development sector programming, especially in the areas of water source protection and conservation, and CLTS.
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject.
· Knowledge of latest WASH technologies and approaches.
· Knowledge and practical experience in community development programs.
· Tetum & Baikeno language proficiency.
This position is open to Timor-Leste and Indonesian nationals only. For a copy of the full Terms of Reference, please send an email request to [email protected]. Candidates interested in applying are asked to send an email with the title WASH Program Officer, containing 1) A cover letter and 2) A current CV with at least two references to [email protected] (please note that copies of certificates, passports, etc. are not required). The deadline for all applications is 25th May 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.