- Job Description
Adam Smith International is an award-winning professional services business that delivers real impact, value and lasting change through projects supporting economic growth and government reform internationally. Our reputation as a global leader has been built on the positive results our projects have achieved in many of the world’s most challenging environments.
About the Infrastructure and Climate Change team
- 20+ years’ experience at the leading edge of infrastructure reform with a more recent focus on climate change, power sector reform, regional integration and transport corridors;
- Focus on policy, strategy, regulation, financing (private sector participation and public-private partnership) and utility reform in energy, water and sanitation, transport, urban development and climate change.
About the Role
Adam Smith International continues to strengthen its in-house capacity through appointing Managers and Senior Managers within the Infrastructure and Climate Change Team.
The purpose of this role to support business development efforts and later delivery of large programmes. You will:
- Lead on proposal preparation for a large DFID programme;
- Lead on the positioning of the Infrastructure and Climate Change team;
- Contribute technical writing to upcoming tenders;
- Lead on the preparation of new tenders;
- Support contract negotiations with associates, partners and clients in new tenders;
- Lead in the recruitment of new consultants and partners;
- Lead in the implementation of new programmes;
- Support the delivery of existing programming.
- Required Skills
As a Manager or a Senior Manager you should have proven abilities to build effective relationships with clients from a wide range of professional and cultural backgrounds, and to work effectively in politically sensitive and challenging environments. You should relish working in a team, should be innovative, energetic, positive, and genuinely committed to achieving lasting change. Adam Smith International seeks the following skills and experience:
- A postgraduate degree in economics, politics, or another relevant area from a top-tier university;
- Experience in building and leading effective teams;
- A desire to travel and an enthusiasm for tackling unfamiliar and challenging problems;
- A pragmatic and resourceful attitude and the confidence to take difficult decisions;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
You must be eligible to work in UK without a work permit.
- Required Experience
- Work experience in a blue chip consulting environment or relevant experience of leading successful delivery teams in a corporate environment;
- Demonstrated experience in business development.
What We Offer You
We offer you a dynamic and friendly team environment and the opportunity to work on a highly successful portfolio of programmes. We have a strong commitment to our people and strive to live by our principles:
- Take responsibility (Accountability): Individually and collectively accountable for what we do.
- Always find a way (Resourcefulness): We think innovatively to reach a solution.
- Promote Quality (Excellence): We maintain and promote professional standards in everything we do.
- Commit to the Outcome (Achievement): We take pride in delivering our best to achieve results.
We’ve built a culture to reflect these principles, by identifying likeminded professionals who are smart, passionate and excellent at what they do. We offer a highly competitive compensation, excellent benefits and relocation package.
Ready to Apply?
If you believe you fulfil the criteria above and would thrive in the environment we offer, we would like to hear from you. Please submit a CV (no more than 3 pages) and short cover letter. You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this position. Shortlisted applicants only will be contacted. Thank you for your consideration.
- Job Location
- London, London, City of, United Kingdom
- Position Type
Managers and Senior Managers (Business Development), Infrastructure and Climate Change team
Adam Smith International
London, United Kingdom 🇬🇧