VISION AND MISSION
The Ocean Cleanup develops advanced technology to extract, prevent, and intercept plastic pollution. Our goal is to initiate the largest cleanup in history by mid-2018.
We are a young organization with a mission to tackle a global problem of an unprecedented scale. What we are aiming for is not easy, and we know we need to push the limits of current technological boundaries to reach our goals. Working at The Ocean Cleanup isn’t for everyone, but we believe that through optimism, perseverance, and ingenuity we can succeed.
We are recruiting a diverse team of bright, high-performing people, who feel comfortable going off the beaten path, and who perceive setbacks merely as necessary obstacles to be taken on the route to great and lasting achievement.
When The Ocean Cleanup leaves basic engineering and enters the operational phase of the project, we encounter special challenges realizing a free floating structure far from any shore. In order to ensure its success, we are hiring an Installation Engineer to facilitate continuous coordination with our trials, offshore operations and the office organization. The Installation Engineer will coordinate project activities involved in testing and installation on various locations, reporting to the Manager of Operations.
- Developing plans, method statements and procedures for the installation and testing of components
- Ensuring that all documents and procedures meet the quality standards and are based on a “safety and environmentally friendly design approach”
- Ensuring that all documents are checked and approved within the agreed time frame
- Planning and executing (small scale) testing at our numerous testing locations; coordinating with suppliers and contractors, including, but not limited to, vessel providers, component suppliers and local authorities, to achieve our testing objectives
- Be the first point of contact for and to continuously support our team in USA responsible for assembly, launch and deployment
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, structural, maritime engineering or hydrography
- At least 4 years’ relevant experience as a (dredging) superintendent, (offshore) surveyor or as an installation engineer, in the offshore or maritime industry
- Recent practical maritime experience, working on vessels, knowledge of rigging, offshore installation and safety procedures, liaising with supervisors, vessel owners and crew
- Excellent English language skills
- Organized, pragmatic, with a hands-on mentality
- Thrives in high-paced, international environments/li>
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Strong communicator
- Driven, curious and solutions-oriented
- Intrinsic motivation to work on our ambitious and meaningful goal