Are you a dedicated, talented PR professional with experience in public relations and campaigns, and an aptitude for project management? SIWI is looking for an exceptional communications manager to join its team in Stockholm.
The idea that became SIWI stems from three linked events in Stockholm in 1991. The Stockholm Water Festival invited the public to celebrate water on the streets of Stockholm, the Stockholm Water Symposium gathered some two hundred scientists to discuss global water challenges, and the Stockholm Water Prize, under the patronage of H.M. King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden, was awarded for the first time, in recognition of outstanding achievements in water-related activities.
Since then, SIWI has expanded and matured into a world leading water organization with a focused range of research and water development programmes that support water decision-makers around the globe. World Water Week, an expansion of Stockholm Water Symposium, is today the world’s leading annual water event, the Stockholm Water Prize the most prestigious water award, and the Stockholm Junior Water Prize fosters future generations of water excellence.
We are looking for someone who lives and breathes public relations and digital possibilities. You will help shape a proactive PR strategy for SIWI and utilize your stellar project management skills and genuine interest in the evolving digital landscape to drive change and develop expertise within the organisation.
By providing communications insight and a deep understanding of the complexities involved in communicating research and policy recommendations to various audiences worldwide, you will drive the development and implementation of outreach strategies and tactical plans across SIWI.
We recognize and value your dedication and personality; characterized by your hands-on approach and your innovative, result-oriented thinking. You handle multiple issues and often shifting priorities with ease, and always with a holistic view. Customer service and relationship management are natural abilities of yours, and you use your social skills to motivate and inspire others.
You have a degree in a relevant field of studies, or the equal knowledge gained from a working career. You have at least five years’ proven experience from working with integrated communications plans and PR campaigns in a global context, together with elevated skills in project management. As we act on the global scale, your communications skills in English are exceptional, while skills in other common languages are merits.
You will be joining a dedicated communications team that works to increase knowledge of water and water-related issues and raise awareness of the importance strengthened water governance has in building sustainable societies. Our goal is to ensure that SIWI’s contributions to building a water wise world are communicated with passion, integrity and purpose.
The position is a one-year contract with good possibility for extension and starting as soon as possible. The position is based at the SIWI offices in Stockholm, Sweden. Permission to work in Sweden is required.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Strategically develop and drive SIWI’s outreach and develop content strategies to leverage digital channels
• Develop and implement public relations and marketing strategies, plans and programmes
• Support SIWI departments with planning and implementing communication aspects of their work
• Manage projects with responsibility for contact with suppliers, budget keeping, involving the right staff and contribute with expert competence
• Write and edit texts for various purposes, audiences and channels
• Support the development of digital advocacy and influence-work in national and international policy processes
• Support colleagues in the department with planning and implementing complex tasks to jointly grow professionally
Required knowledge and skills:
• Proven expertise in public relations
• Excellent project management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize, and deliver according to agreed time plans.
• Current knowledge of different media and communication vehicles
• Ability to effectively alternate between thinking strategically and executing at high quality.
• A team player with an ability to coordinate effectively with co-workers and external partners
• Proven ability to create creative, unique, and relevant content for different purposes
• Strong analytical, planning, organizational, and time management skills
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills in English, additional languages are a merit
• Superb interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications, various social media outlets, Photoshop and WordPress
Education and work experience:
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in communications, journalism, public relations or related field.
• +5 years of experience in PR and/or communications, preferably in a development or political context.
• Experience communicating impacts and results is preferred
How to apply for the position
Please submit your CV and a one-page personal letter to [email protected] as soon as possible, but no later than 27 May 2018. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. For more information about the position, contact Jens Berggren, Communications Director at +46 8 121 360 51, or Kerstin Harnesk, Manager HR, +46 8 121 360 12.
SIWI is a water institute working for a water wise world. We leverage knowledge and our convening power to strengthen water governance for a just, prosperous, and sustainable future. SIWI organizes World Water Week – the leading annual global meeting place on water and development issues – and hosts the Stockholm Water Prize and the Stockholm Junior Water Prize.