Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Dewberry is currently seeking an Water Resources Engineer Intern in our Fairfax, VA office. This is an excellent career opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented individual to join a team of outstanding professionals. This position offers potential for development in a great working environment and the opportunity to apply the latest technology to help our clients solve their most challenging problems. Typical projects involve helping local, state, and federal clients complete stormwater management, floodplain management and other watershed planning projects.
- Create and analyze hydrologic and hydraulic models.
- Conduct storm water and watershed master planning, stream restoration, and water quality studies.
- Roadway and drainage design, storm water management, culvert and bridge hydraulics, and floodplain analysis.
Required Skills & Required Experience
- Working towards a B.S. in Civil, Environmental or related Engineering.
- Knowledge of water quality modeling, hydrology and hydraulics is necessary to perform expected duties.
- Knowledge of floodplain delineation, storm water management, culvert and bridge hydraulics, and drainage design.
- Familiarity with HEC-1, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, WinTR20, WinTR55, HY8 is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office software.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry’s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.