Are you passionate about Renewable Energy? Would you like to have a significant impact in transforming an organization? Join the Energy (R)evolution here at The New York Power Authority (NYPA) and help us build the utility of the future.
This position develops the monthly forecast of hydro flows and the optimization of the resulting generation of electric energy into the marketplace for NYPA’s two large hydro electric facilities which are dependent on the great lakes outflows. Use and improvement of a probabilistic model and the application of statistical confidence bands to predict the generation revenues are required. The successful candidate will possess strong analytical skills with a solid foundation in modeling large complex data sources with an ability to provide statistical analysis around the forecast.
- Knowledge and ability to develop stochastic and deterministic forecasts
- Strong mathematical background in probability, statistics, numerical analysis, optimization and stochastic optimization
- Knowledge of hydrology and hydraulics
- Ability to make presentations to large groups and outside stakeholders
- Strong familiarity working with complex data sources and proficiency in Excel along with add on programs such as @risk & Solver, as well as Gurobi Solver, Matlab and Crystal ball is desired
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Economics, Mathematics, or Computer Science, Civil Engineering preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience, and strongly utilized analytical skills with an emphasis in statistical modeling
- Basic knowledge of the NYISO and of Hydro generating plants
- This position will require training in Utica, NY
White Plains, New York, United States