The Program Manager, Sustaining Flows, oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of the Sustaining Flows program, including planning, organizing, leading, budgeting, and controlling program activities, working closely with our partner organizations, consultants, and advisory groups. The Program Manager conducts transactions for our voluntary water offset program, the Verde River Exchange; manages and writes grant proposals and grant reports; manages contracts with technical consultants; implements the strategic plan and continues to strategically expand and develop the program; and coordinates and administers other aspects of the program, including assisting with communications and relationships, and event planning and scheduling.
- College degree (4-year) required; graduate level work is a plus.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience, including experience managing programs and projects; relevant graduate work may partially substitute for experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Ability to travel locally and regionally; reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and auto insurance required
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for our mission and vision
- Knowledge of river conservation, water resources management, and/or natural resource markets is required.
- Ethical Behavior: Understand ethical behavior and practices and ensure that your own behavior is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Relationship Building: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Excellence in Communication: Speak, listen, and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Foster Collaboration & Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance effectiveness.
- Leadership: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Decision-making: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate practical solutions, and make recommendations to resolve the problem.
The Verde River is one of the last remaining healthy, perennially flowing rivers left in Arizona. The Verde River system, including its connected streams, creeks and groundwater resources, supports the economies of rural Verde Valley communities and businesses both as a vital water supply and as a driver of tourism and recreation. Friends of the Verde River is a nonprofit conservation organization that has been working collaboratively at the local level for the past decade to restore and sustain river flows and restore riparian habitat, while building community connections to the Verde River and its tributaries.
Friends of the Verde River is an EEO employer. We offer a competitive package of benefits, including eleven holidays, three weeks of paid time off annually, health insurance stipend (may convert to an employer plan), and a 403b plan with employer match. Dependent on experience, the salary range for this exempt position is $52,000-55,000. Please submit a cover letter and resume in one pdf. This position is open until filled; we will begin reviewing applications May 8th.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $52,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
Experience: Program Management: 5 years
License: Driver’s License