General description of the position
The Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Coordinator will have to coordinate and supervise ACF WASH programs in Afghanistan, by ensuring the quality of implementation and strategy.
More precisely, the main responsibilities will be:
Design ACF technical country strategy for the WASH Department and contribute to ACF technical expertise
– Formulate or update the WASH strategy and contribute to the global country strategy.
– Represent ACF in WASH cluster and other related meetings at national level to foster learning, sharing and coordination within the sector.
– Capitalize ACF technical experience including good practices as well as dissemination and utilisation of documentation for discussion and development of guidelines of intervention
Ensure the active participation of ACF in national sectorial coordination and technical forums, and develop sectorial partnerships
– Represent ACF in dealings with national and international WASH authorities/stakeholders; participate to coordination meetings, working group and clusters informing on ACF positions and protocols.
– Develop a network among universities, private company, research institutes and relevant key stakeholders linked to WASH activities.
– Publish and produce information concerning technical progress, impact of programs, results of research internally or externally
Coordinate, monitor and develop the WASH programming in the country
– Support the teams in the identification of technical difficulties, troubleshooting and recommend credible solutions
– Ensure that technical monitoring tools are developed and used, including close follow-up of program indicators
– Develop concept notes and proposals that are relevant to the proposed geographic and sociocultural context
Human resources Management
– Take part in recruitment, training, orientation of WASH Program Managers
– Develop WASH competencies throughout the mission
– Identify various technical training needs of the team and ensure adequate and timely provision of identified trainings
Do you fit the requested profile ?
You hold a Master Degree WASH-related technical training with a solid experience of 3 years minimum in WASH activities and coordination in humanitarian context.
You demonstrate the ability to provide professional technical advice in a broad range of WASH technical areas.
You have an experience in Project management and remote management.
You have an excellent interpersonal, organizational, multitasking, team player and communication skills.
You speak and write English fluently