The post holder will work within the NERC-funded Groundwater Drought Initiative on the European-scale analysis of groundwater drought data and groundwater drought impacts. They will contribute to groundwater drought status assessment for Europe by collecting and analysing groundwater data. The post holder will undertake the analysis of groundwater drought impacts at the European scale and a comparative study of the impacts of groundwater drought between less and more water-stressed regions of Europe. In addition, they will support the secretariat for the GDI network, organise the annual meetings, contact data providers and collaborate with European project partners and contributors.
• First degree in area of specialism and preferably, a higher degree relevant to research area or equivalent qualifications
• High level analytical capability
• Ability to communicate complex information clearly
• Fluency in relevant models, techniques or methods and ability to contribute to developing new ones
• Ability to assess resource requirements and use resources effectively
• Understanding of and ability to contribute to broader management/administration processes
• Contribute to the planning and organising of the research programme and/or specific research project
• Co-ordinate own work with others to avoid conflict or duplication of effort
Duration of Post
Full time starting salary is normally in the range £29,799 to £38,832. With potential progression once in post to £41,212 a year.
Informal enquiries may be made to Anne Van Loon [email protected], tel: +44 (0) 121 414 2243
Please note this post is aligned to external funding and therefore the salary on offer is up to a maximum of £31,604 only.
Full Job Description