Zimbabwe citizens: WASH Coordinator
Oxfam is a global movement of people who won't live with the injustice of poverty. Together we save and rebuild lives in disasters. We help people build better lives for themselves. We speak out on the big issues that keep people poor, like inequality, discrimination against women and climate change and we won't stop until every person on the planet can live without poverty. In Zimbabwe, Oxfam work spans across women's rights, sustainable food systems, policy & advocacy work as well as responding to humanitarian crises as part of the Southern African region family. Thousands of people already commit their time and talents to our campaigning, humanitarian and long-term development projects. Now we're looking for yours.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to join our team in the capacity of WaSH Coordinator (Grade C2).
About this position:
The WaSH Coordinator strengthens Oxfam's humanitarian and development Water and Sanitation Hygiene (WaSH) role in Zimbabwe by developing a strategy to address both short and long term needs, managing risk analysis, programme design and quality control of emergency response and resilience programmes, and to assess and build capacity of Oxfam partners and staff in line with regional and organisational objectives.
The role will complement and support the Humanitarian Programme Manager on WaSH strategy (ensuring adequate focus on Public Health Engineering and Public Health Promotion) development and implementation, ensuring integration of DRR work in both emergency responses and long-term programmes. Part of the role also includes Programme Management, Programme Development and Resource Mobilization as well as Advocacy and Influencing.
What We Are Looking For:
- A minimum of Bachelors Degree in Water supply management, Community development, or other Social or technical sciences related to the WASH fields (e.g. Urban water supply systems, appropriate Environmental sanitation technology, Solid waste management, participatory approaches and/or behaviour change communication)
- At least five years of progressively professional work experience in WASH leadership capacity with a humanitarian organization, particularly working in both Humanitarian and Development context (Note that work experience may substitute for higher degree qualification but not vice versa)
- Excellent technical knowledge of emergency preparedness and response (including contingency planning)
- Experience in WASH development programs, preferably with a strong focus on rights-based programming and a good understanding of humanitarian and resilience links
- Sound knowledge and ability to apply NGO/Red Cross Code of Conduct, the People in Aid Code, SPHERE, the Good Enough Guide, Humanitarian Accountability Principles and Oxfam International procedures and other regulatory codes
- Willingness to travel to field locations for at least 50% of the time
To find out more about this role and how to apply online, please visit our web page using the reference number, INT4421
Deadline for Applications – Wednesday 16 May 2018.
NB: This is a national post and it is only open to individuals with the right to reside and work in Zimbabwe. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV/AIDS, people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged groups.
Successful candidates will be subject to screening procedures.
Please note that this is an emergency deployment therefore applicants will be shortlisted as they come.
Please contact HR for more information.