The Water Quality Research Foundation (WQRF), formerly the Water Quality Research Council (WQRC), was formed in 1949 to serve on behalf of the Water Quality Association (WQA) as a universally recognized, independent research organization.
Since inception, WQRF has sponsored numerous research studies which have generated essential information for the water treatment industry, positively impacted legislative change and helped decrease product testing costs.
The Foundation Relations Manager is responsible for managing the research foundation fundraising activities and business operations. This position works closely with the WQRF Research Project Leader to assess and report research project progress.
WQRF Executive Director
- Plan and implement the business plan for the Foundation.
- Work with the Executive Director and board to plan and execute fundraising campaigns for the Foundation.
- Act as the primary interface with, and direct the efforts of, a fundraising consultant as needed.
- Manage the WQRF annual fundraising to keep on time and on target.
- Manage and build WQRF donor partnerships to drive engagement in annual fundraising and capital campaigns.
- Attend and present to WQRF Board along with attending research related meetings.
- Develop agendas and corresponding materials for all WQRF Board Meetings.
- Serve as the Staff Liaison for the WQRF RAC, Development Committee, and Research Task Forces as needed
- Maintains the overarching project management of the Foundation’s research projects from inception to final communication of results and works closely with technical research staff that will run the technical project management.
- Maintain the overall operations of the Foundation including: Budgeting, Cash Flow, Invoicing, Audit support, Marketing, and Research Contract management
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Communications, Public Relations, or related field required.
- A minimum of three to five years of experience in fundraising, sponsorship, sales and marketing, required.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Passion for continuously learning all relevant facets of the water industry to ensure credibility in representing WQA.
- Foundation and water treatment field experience is preferred.
- Previous record of grant writing is preferred.
- Excellent organizational and problem‐solving skills.
- Efficient time and project management skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database/CRM software.
Up to $65,000 – depending on experience
- Customer Satisfaction and Employee Engagement with fiscal responsibility
- Drive for Business Results
- Initiative and Decision Making
- Respect for Others
- Analyzing and Problem Solving
- Planning and Organizing
- Leading and Engaging
- Passion for Continuous Learning
- This is a full‐time position.
- This position works in a standard office environment.
How to Apply
Kindly submit your resume to [email protected] for consideration.