RTI International’s Innovation Advisors help our clients innovate by building innovation capacity, discovering and interpreting insights, and accelerating products and technology to market. Whether we serve as an extension of a client’s team or an objective third party, we know what produces sustainable results in innovation-driven organizations. We’re proud to share recent highlights of our results.
As an Innovation Advisor in the Water and Sanitation sector you will provide strategic consulting, market research, commercialization and partnership development services to clients of the Innovation Advisors focused on Water and Sanitation. It is expected that you will have prior experience as a multi-functional product manager for a commercial company in Water and Sanitation or an experienced consultant in that area.
Additionally, you will:
- Drive projects independently including activities such as scoping, budgeting, team / sub-contractor management, content leadership, and client meetings.
- Work with clients in commercial companies to broadly advise on R&D, manufacturing, supply chain, marketing and sales challenges associated with new product launch in emerging markets.
- Perform business and market assessments including market sizing, business model evaluation, financial modeling, and scenario planning.
- Coordinate multiple projects, teams, and individual roles across geographies.
This position involves mainly supporting a program funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to support testing and launch of new sanitation technologies. You will work closely with a team, serving a variety of roles e.g., project leader, project team member, and thought-partner.
If you are excited about applying your product management experience towards addressing the global sanitation challenge in a dynamic environment, this could be a great role for you.
For more information on our work: https://rtiinnovationadvisors.org and http://stepsforsanitation.org
- Bachelor’s level degree business or sanitation/water related discipline
- 6 years as a product manager / lead in a commercial company focused on Water and Sanitation or related sector (e.g. Utilities, household durable), or
- 6 years as a business consultant to the Water and Sanitation sector
- Proven track record of bringing innovative technologies or services to market, a strong plus if in emerging markets
- Proven ability to design, scope, and manage work with contractors or internal team members
- Cross functional project management or initiative leadership experience
- Willingness and ability to travel to meet project needs
- Ability to comfortably engage in discussions regarding the user experience, marketing strategy, technical features of a product, policy & regulation, or manufacturing / supply chain implications, as they apply to water and sanitation.
- Strong written communication skills (PPT and Word) along with strong verbal communication
- Advanced degree in business or sanitation/water related discipline
- Experience working with government agencies and/or international organizations