As Director, Water and Sanitation, you will provide strategic consulting, market research, go-to-market advisory and partnership development services to clients of the Innovation Advisors focused on Water and Sanitation.
This is a senior level role and prior experience as a general manager or senior-level product manager for a commercial company in Water and Sanitation or an experienced advisor to senior leadership teams for those company types is required. You must be willing to travel internationally to meet project needs.
Your primary responsibility will be to lead a program funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to support testing and launch of new sanitation technologies in emerging markets. Additionally, you will work with a team to develop new service offerings and seek out clients globally in the Water and Sanitation sector, leveraging the RTI’s established and evolving capabilities in the space.
If you are excited about a leadership role that applies your commercial experience towards addressing the global sanitation challenge in a dynamic environment, this could be a great role for you.
Job responsibilities include:
- Leading all aspects of a complex program with multiple projects and team members across geographies including program strategy, budget oversight, and client management
- Advising C-suite clients in commercial companies on R&D, manufacturing, supply chain, marketing and sales challenges associated with new product launch in emerging markets
- Developing, building buy-in, and executing on a Water & Sanitation business development strategy
- Representing the program, Innovation Advisors, and RTI in multi-stakeholder events
For more information on our work: https://rtiinnovationadvisors.org and http://stepsforsanitation.org
- Bachelor’s level degree in business or related technology discipline.
- 10+ years as a general manager / product manager in a commercial company focused on Water and Sanitation or related sector (e.g. Utilities, household durables) OR 10+ years advising C-suite management in similar companies
- Proven track record of bringing innovative technologies or services to market, with some of that experience in emerging markets
- Proven ability to lead and develop teams, both in direct and dotted line management capacities
- Experience representing company interests in discussions with government agencies and/or international organizations
- Strong written communication skills (PPT and Word) along with strong verbal communication
- Advanced degree in business or related technology discipline.