A LITTLE ABOUT US
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Supervises no staff, but will help plan and direct preserve work groups, including staff or volunteers.
- May work in variable weather conditions, at remote locations, on difficult and hazardous terrain, and under physically demanding circumstances.
- Requires considerable physical exertion and/or muscular strain.
- May require long hours in isolated settings.
- Makes day to day decisions as delegated by supervisor.
- May work under infrequent supervision
- High school diploma or GED and 1 year’s training in science-related field or related experience in land management.
- Experience recognizing plant and animal species.
- Experience operating various types of equipment in a safe and efficient manner (e.g. Lawn mower, chainsaw, UTV, ATV or OHV, two-way radio, or similar equipment).
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Must be able to obtain related licenses or certifications as required. (e.g. First Aid, CPR, herbicide or pesticide application).
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross cultural experience appreciated.
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in land management or related field.
- Experience working with or knowledge of natural systems.
- Ability to obtain driver’s license and maintain a good driving record.
- Ability to follow instructions from colleagues/coworkers/team members.
- PC and/or mobile device familiarity, including database knowledge or understanding.
AUTO SAFETY POLICY
This position requires a valid driver’s license and compliance with the Conservancy’s Auto Safety Program. Employees may not drive Conservancy-owned/leased vehicles, rental cars, or personal vehicles on behalf of the Conservancy if considered “high risk drivers.” Please see further details in the Auto Safety Program document available at www.nature.org/careers.
Employment in this position will be contingent upon completion of a Vehicle Use Agreement, which may include a review of the prospective employee’s motor vehicle record.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to position number 46492, submit resume (required) and cover letter separately using the upload buttons. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on May 29, 2018.
Click “submit” to apply for the position or “save for later” to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited. Failure to complete required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of men and women of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of The Nature Conservancy’s background screening process.