Purpose of consultancy:
Under the supervision of the Knowledge Management & C4D Specialist (Water Sanitation & Hygiene), the incumbent will be responsible for the tasks outlined below to be delivered against set deadlines.
Work Assignments, Deliverables & Payment Schedule:
Task to be Performed:
Updates the Programme Planning and Monitoring Tool (PPMT) on a quarterly basis to measure the programme’s financial and programmatic performance. Maintains PPMT on a regular basis and shares information with the team. Provides updated information on programme financial and administrative status for analysis and reporting purposes. Prepares tables, graphs or other statistical data for technical review/monitoring of programme financials.
Drafts programme related reports including donor / annual reports, OP-II reports and provides necessary inputs to be used on different platforms including the UNICEF website and social media as required. Participates in reporting meetings to provide WASH inputs
Collects and assembles data from provinces, programme documents, background information and baselines with regard to the WASH sector and the UNICEF WASH programme and reviews/analyses the information gaps for reporting purpose
Contributes to WASH section knowledge management (KM) needs including monthly updates of KM database, quality assurance of KM products, oversees production and dissemination of KM products
As WASH focal point for gender, participates in country office gender meetings to share program inputs. Ensures gender aspects of the WASH program are adequately reflected in program documents including proposals and donor reports
Performs any other assignments required by the section including emergency support to program/cluster if required.
Programme data and Information management through PPMT analysis. Progress/status report shared on monthly basis with a supervisor.
Reports submitted in timely manner including OP-II planning and reporting. Progress/status report shared at the end of each month with a supervisor.
Data analysis and compilation on regular basis. Progress/status report shared at the end of each month with a supervisor.
Knowledge management database updated and submitted to regional KM Advisor. Knowledge products reviewed for quality and disseminated to relevant channels. Progress/status report shared at the end of each month with a supervisor.
Gender mainstreamed program documents. Progress/status report shared at the end of each month with a supervisor.
Estimated Duration of Contract
Start date: 08 August 2016
End date: 07 February 2017
Qualifications or Specialized Knowledge/Experience Required AND COMPETENCIES
- Completion of relevant university courses (AB/BS), preferably with some post-graduate work and supplemented by formal training in related field or university degree in Information Management/ Computer Science or related areas.
- Minimum of six (6) years relevant work experience, 2 years of which is on junior officer or management level. Good analytical, writing and communication skills.
- Experience working directly with donor agencies and government partners an asset. National level experience in the planning, management, monitoring & evaluation, of water, environment, sanitation and hygiene education programs/projects for schools or relevant development discipline.
- Fluency in local working language of the duty station and English required. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Knowledge of other UN language(s) is a plus.
- Analytical and conceptual communication skills
- Strong qualitative data collection and analysis skills
- Report writing, editing, and presentation skills
- Planning and monitoring skills; ability to organize own work & projects
- Ability to make timely and quality judgment and decisions
- Computer skills, including internet navigation, and various office applications
- Commitment to continuous learning for professional development
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization
- Initiative, passion, and commitment to UNICEF’s mission and professional values.
Opening Date 19 Jul 2016 Pakistan Standard Time
Closing Date 26 Jul 2016 Pakistan Standard Time