Tetra Tech International Development Services is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Banking and Finance Specialist candidates for the USAID/WASH-FIN program.
Tetra Tech is implementing the USAID funded Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH-FIN) project in several countries in Asia and Africa aiming to close WASH Sector financing gaps. In India an anticipated three-year technical assistance activity is planned to increase financing for investment in expanded access to, or improved quality of, safe and reliable drinking water and adequate sanitation services in targeted states and urban local bodies. Identified specific activities are: (i) development of a Trust Fund guarantee facility to catalyze bank loans for WASH microfinance, (ii) support for integrated urban sanitation finance for public or private infrastructure in one Indian State, and (iii) Launching a sub-national green bond for urban WASH services in India.
The Banking and Finance Specialist will support the India Team Leader and the State Level Technical Coordinator in the implementation of WASH-FIN India. Located in the state where the integrated urban sanitation finance activity is implemented (TBD), the Specialist will work in close collaboration with the State level Technical Coordinator, the Municipal Infrastructure Finance Specialist and the WASH-FIN Senior Infrastructure Finance Advisor. S/he will be responsible for providing critical insight and context on the relationship between the finance sector and the public and private urban sanitation services sector, reviewing and analyzing sanitation service providers/municipalities financial projections, city development plans, and business plans, and helping to facilitate the mobilization of capital for important transactions. S/he will also be responsible for cost analysis, business plan development, and transaction analysis in association with the WASH-FIN India team.
- Support India Team Leader and State-Level Technical Coordinator in the implementation of the WASH-FIN project in India.
- Liaise and coordinate closely with the Municipal Finance Specialist and the WASH-FIN Senior Infrastructure Finance Advisor on strategies, approaches, and implementation of all finance related tasks and activities.
- Research, analyze and support in financial review and analysis of selected ULBs and private operators for private financing.
- Conduct financial analysis of public and private entities to determine financial and technical viability and strengths including debt service capacity of municipalities/service providers and assess options for credit enhancements.
- Conduct financial analysis of pipelines of projects of selected municipalities/ULBs and private sanitation operators and identify bankable projects for transactions.
- Under technical guidance of the WASH-FIN Senior Infrastructure Finance Advisor and WASH-FIN Technical team, assist in transaction facilitation for commercial financing of municipalities/ULBs or private operators.
- Develop materials for workshops and knowledge sharing and conduct/participate in workshops with WASH stakeholders including banking and financial institutions.
- Draft and finalize reports in coordination with WASH-FIN India team and WASH-FIN technical team.
- Carry out other specific duties and tasks as may be assigned within identified competencies.
- Technically competent, independent and collaborative and excellent in communication and written technical reports.
- Excellent Technical Assistance management and working relationship skills with Banking and Financial Institutions, municipalities and state and national government agencies.
- Financial modelling, structuring, and analytical skills.
- Training and capacity building skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment.
- Excellent advocacy and communications skills.
- Qualifications and skills: Minimum of undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any other relevant degree; Master’s degree preferred.
- General professional experience: A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in the financing and/or service delivery of urban infrastructure or related private sector projects in India
- At least 5 years of experience in urban infrastructure finance issues, municipal finance, and/or SME/private sector finance in India.
- Experience in investment planning for private or public organizations.
- Experience in working in a donor-funded and multi-disciplinary team environment; experience with credit enhancements including partial credit guarantees desired.
- Excellent command of the English language is required
- This position is based in India in a State and city to be determined. Candidates must be authorized to work in India; no relocation or housing allowances are provided; Indian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
- List of at least three professional references (Please provide email and phone numbers).
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s ad posted.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted. Deadline for applications is May 28, 2018.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.