Tetra Tech International Development Services is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Office Administrator candidates for the USAID/WASH-FIN program.
Tetra Tech is implementing the USAID funded Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH-FIN) project in several countries in Asia and Africa aiming to close WASH Sector financing gaps. In India an anticipated three-year technical assistance activity is planned to increase financing for investment in expanded access to, or improved quality of, safe and reliable drinking water and adequate sanitation services in targeted states and urban local bodies. Identified specific activities are: (i) development of a guarantee facility to catalyze bank loans for WASH microfinance, (ii) support for integrated urban sanitation finance for public or private infrastructure in one Indian State, and (iii) Launching a sub-national green bond for urban WASH services in India.
The India Office Administrator is responsible for all financial and administrative operations in WASH-FIN’s India. S/he will maintain a record of all expenditures as well as receipts of funds, prepare all the documentation related to purchase or disbursement of funds. S/he will also be in charge of all administrative functions including general office administration, human resources functions, supervision of the procurement system for equipment and supplies. The Office Administrator will report to and support the India Team Leader in implementing the project.
* Participate actively in the development of the strategic plan of WASH-FIN India Activity.
* Work with other members of the WASH-FIN India team to develop the annual budget of the WASH-FIN India Activity and submit to WASH-FIN core team based in Washington DC in the required time frame and follow up on its implementation and completion.
* Set up a reliable system of budgeting on results and performance (cost and effectiveness of interventions).
* Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual project reports.
* Ensure the follow up of the execution of budgets and work plans.
* Carry out other specific duties and tasks as may be assigned within identified competencies.
* Monitor cash availability daily to cover office expenditures.
* Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for the project as required by the Team Leader
* Perform bank reconciliations and regular financial reports.
* Prepare salary payments including all the statutory deductions.
* Ensure that all expenses, payments, receipts, bank reconciliations and any financial information as may be required by the project coordinator are captured in QuickBooks.
* Participate in the procurement process according to USAID and Tetra Tech ARD regulations.
* Maintain the filing system according to Tetra Tech ARD requirements.
* Assist project staff, consultants and visitors with local logistic information including visas etc.
* Undertake human resources functions including establishing and maintaining effective personnel management records and files.
* Supervise the procurement system for equipment and supplies ensuring robust quality control and due diligence in full compliance with Tetra Tech ARD and USAID policies, procedures and regulations.
* Liaise with relevant partners in project matters pertaining to WASH-FIN activities.
* Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the India Team Leader.
* University degree in accounting or finance or any other similar degree.
* Minimum of five years’ work experience, preferably in the management of projects funded by USAID.
* Excellent knowledge of information and computer technology, with specific experience and expertise in accounting software QuickBooks.
* Understanding of the WASH sector in India would be an added advantage.
* Excellent command of the English is required.
* This position is based in India and candidates must be authorized to work in India; no relocation or housing allowances are provided; Indian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* List of at least three professional references. (Please provide email and phone numbers)
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s ad posted.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted. Deadline for applications is May 28, 2018.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.