Tetra Tech International Development Services is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Team Leader candidates for the USAID/WASH-FIN program.
Tetra Tech is implementing the USAID funded Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH-FIN) project in several countries in Asia and Africa. WASH-FIN aims to close WASH Sector financing gaps in priority countries. In India an anticipated three-year technical assistance activity is planned to increase financing for investment in expanded access to, or improved quality of, safe and reliable drinking water and adequate sanitation services in targeted states and urban local bodies. Identified specific activities are: (i) development of a guarantee facility to catalyze bank loans for WASH microfinance, (ii) support for integrated urban sanitation finance for public or private infrastructure in one Indian State, and (iii) Launching a sub-national green bond for urban WASH services in India.
The India Team Leader will be WASH-FIN’s representative and the main link with all local partners and stakeholders, USAID/India, India’s development partners, and the WASH-FIN team based in Washington, DC. The India Team Leader will be responsible for the performance of a wide range of program management activities and direct oversight for project administration and financial management, and directly supervising full-time technical and administrative support staff, short-term consultants, and subcontractors providing technical assistance for project execution.
* Provide strategic leadership and direction to the implementation of the WASH-FIN activity in India.
* Build strong implementation partnerships with the USAID/India mission, the Ministry of Housing and Urban Development and relevant missions (AMRUT, SBM, Smart Cities), selected state and municipal WASH officials, WASH stakeholders in the urban infrastructure and finance sectors, and other key partners.
* Prepare detailed weekly and quarterly activities reports, and other intermittent reporting as required.
* Develop budgets and other resources planning for the implementation of project activities.
* Coordinate all project activities and ensure complementarity with other relevant programs funded by both USAID and other development partners.
* Supervise directly full-time technical and administrative support staff, local and international consultants hired and contracted for the project.
* Coordinate closely with and support the State Level Technical Coordinator on the implementation of the state level integrated sanitation financing activities.
* Initiate and lead bi-weekly coordination calls with the WASH-FIN core technical and operations team to ensure project activities advance according to budgets and schedules.
* Carry out other specific duties and tasks as may be assigned within identified competencies.
* Technically competent, independent and collaborative and excellent in communication and written technical reports.
* Excellent Technical Assistance management and working relationship skills with municipalities and government agencies.
* Training and capacity building skills.
* Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment.
* Excellent advocacy and communications skills.
* Master’s degree in Engineering, Finance, Law, Economics or any other relevant degree.
* Excellent advocacy and communications skills are required.
* Demonstrated understanding of urban service delivery finance and relevant urban policies, financing instruments (bonds, pooled funds, UIFs, credit enhancements, etc), missions (e.g. AMRUT, Smart Cities, SBM), reforms, and funding/financing streams in India.
* A minimum of 15 years of professional experience advising national, state, or municipal officials in India on the financing and/or service delivery of urban infrastructure.
* At least 5 years of experience in urban infrastructure issues (preferably in WASH infrastructure financing and/or engineering in India).
* Experience in investment planning for private or public organizations; understanding of private sector business models
* Experience in management of multi-disciplinary teams, preferably in an urban infrastructure finance context
* Experience working in a donor-funded environment; preference for prior experience on a USAID funded program on sub-national finance and urban service delivery in India
* Excellent command of the English language is required
* This position is based in India and candidates must be authorized to work in India; no relocation or housing allowances are provided; Indian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* List of at least three professional references (Please provide email and phone numbers)
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s ad posted.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted. Deadline for applications is May 28, 2018.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.