Tetra Tech IDS is implementing the USAID funded Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH-FIN) project in Philippines aiming to close WASH Sector financing gaps. WASH-FIN will support USAID/Philippines efforts to mobilize public funds to increase access to water supply and sanitation services in unserved and underserved areas. WASH-FIN will implement a 24-month activity that will advocate for, track, and mobilize public investment to improve or expand water supply services. The team will also assist the National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA) to implement the initial roll-out of Unified Financing Framework (UFF) and identify viable WASH investment projects.
The Philippines Team Leader will be the main link with all partners, USAID | Philippines, and the WASH-FIN team. The Philippines Team Leader will be responsible for the performance of a wide range of program management activities with direct oversight of project administration and financial management, supervising directly full-time administrative support staff, short-term consultants, and subcontractors providing intermittent technical assistance for project execution.
* Provide strategic leadership for the implementation of the WASH-FIN project in the Philippines.
* Build strong implementation partnerships with the USAID/Philippines Mission, the Department of Public Works and Highways, NEDA, local WASH stakeholders, the urban infrastructure sector, and other key partners.
* Prepare detailed weekly and quarterly activity reports, and other intermittent reporting as required.
* Develop budgets and other resources for the implementation of project activities.
* Coordinate all project activities and ensure complementarity with other relevant programs financed by both USAID and other partners.
* Supervise directly full-time administrative support staff, local and international consultants hired and contracted for the project.
* Carry out other specific duties and tasks as may be assigned within identified competencies.
* Technically competent, independent and collaborative and excellent in communication and written technical reports.
* Excellent Technical Assistance management and working relationship skills with municipalities and government agencies.
* Training and capacity building skills.
* Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment.
* Excellent advocacy and communications skills.
* Philippine nationals strongly encouraged to apply.
* Qualifications and skills: Master’s degree in Engineering, Finance, Economics or any other relevant degree. Excellent advocacy and communications skills are required.
* General professional experience: A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in the financing and/or service delivery of urban infrastructure in the Philippines.
* At least 5 years of experience in urban infrastructure issues (preferably in WASH infrastructure financing and/or engineering in the Philippines).
* Experience in investment planning for private or public organisations.
* Experience in management of multi-disciplinary teams.
* Experience in working in a donor-funded environment.
* Excellent command of the English and Tagalog is required.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* List of at least three professional references (Please provide email and phone numbers).
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s ad posted.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted. Deadline for applications is May 10, 2018.