General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalized migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
In 2018, GOAL will embark on an ambitious 25-month program to meet the WASH needs of over 550,000 people in GOAL’s Area of Operation (AoO). The program will have three main components; Utility Operations, Improved Governance and Accountability and Emergency Response.
‘Utility Operations’ speaks to the support and inputs the organisation will provide to appropriate Water Provision Authorities to support the functionality of Water Units and Water Stations. This will include the establishment of an e-voucher system for fuel provision, an incentive program to increase to promote cost recovery and the provision of increased water availability at household level and the establishment of an Infrastructure Stabilization Fund for community driven identification and prioritization of rehabilitation works at station and network level. In terms of improved Governance and Accountability, GOAL with work with Water Authorities to expand their remit beyond technical oversight through a meaningful capacity building program that looks to improving financial management and the implementation of cost recovery systems. Finally, GOAL will integrate WASH interventions into its emergency response program through targeted hygiene promotion and hygiene kit provision. The interventions proposed will be implemented by a multi-disciplinary team comprised of engineers, behavior change agents and M&E staff.
General Description of the Role:
The WASH Systems Manager will be based in GOAL’s office in Antakya supporting the WASH Antakya Team to;
- Manage the WASH Management Information System (MIS) through coordinating with the WASH team field team on data entry and cleaning and providing analysis of results to WASH management for internal and external reports
- Lead in the research, design and implementation of a cost recovery online system for WASH services provided through the program
This position will also support the Antakya WASH team in administrative tasks, including timesheets for Water and Hygiene Units, checking voucher payments and other administrative tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities,
- Roll out the newly designed WASH MIS in coordination with the field teams, provide timely assistance and feedback to field teams on data issues and perform remedial action to address any data collection, entry and cleaning issues on the server
- Provide oversight and technical support to the WASH data team in Syria including ensuring data entry and cleaning is conducted on a regular basis, conducting analysis on data and presenting finding from data for internal and external Online reports
- Ensuring data collection tools are fit for purpose and providing revisions when necessary
- Support the WASH coordinator to populate donor reports with data
- Ensure accurate and up-to-date information is maintained for WASH activities and that data generated through field activities is updated on a daily basis on centralized records and stored on the server
- Under the supervision of the WASH Coordinator in Turkey, work with WASH team in Syria, to ensure accurate beneficiary data is entered, stored and updated as required. This will include ensuring accurate dis-aggregation of beneficiary data, in line with GOAL and donor requirements
- Ensure regular and consistent updating of WASH beneficiary and assistance delivery via appropriate reporting software/platform through SQL and Power Bi.
- Generate summary statistics, and rapid and initial analysis and findings from WASH program SQL databases, M&E datashets and/or other sources of data to support data requests from WASH program and Grants teams
- Contribute in developing the database and online system new tools as requested by WASH Coordinator and ACDP.
- Contribute to developing the database and online system on the server with IT Department
- Design survey tool to establish a customer database from GOAL’s operational areas in coordination with WASH teams in Antakya and Syria
- Conduct research on software required for customer database and lead in the procurement of same
- Lead on data entry and cleaning for customer database with WASH field data team
- Conduct analysis of customer data base to inform the set-up of a cost recovery system
- Develop Standard Operating Procedure for SOP
- Develop Behaviour Change communication strategy for Cost Recovery
- Manage the budget for Cost Recovery including ensuring all activities are planned and budgeted for, providing input into the monthly budget monitoring tools etc
- Provide oversight of cost recovery implementation including ensuring billing information is correct, customer database is updated etc
- Work with the WASH and procurement teams to complete procurements in line with GOAL’s procurement policy in a timely manner
- Act as a focal point between GOAL Logistics Team and Data and Cost Recovery team to ensure the necessary cost recovery materials are procured and delivered to specification.
- Contribute in updating and reporting on WASH budgets for all grants on monthly basis.
- Contribute in developing budget and budget narrative for new proposals as requested by WASH Coordinator and ACDP.
Grants and reporting
- Submission of weekly WASH report.
- Verify beneficiary reporting figures for quarterly and final donor reports, ensuring that reported figures best match with sources of information for WASH program.
Data collection and analysis:
- Lead any assessments by providing support to the field team and coordinate with WASH cluster.
- When required, design new tools using different applications for WASH assessments and surveys.
Any other task requested by line manager.
- Turkish Citizenship
- Experience with IT, particularly database design and management
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications including programming, SQL Management, power Bi, visual studio(ASP.NET), ARCGIS, KOBO, Commcare
- Familiarity with digital data gathering platforms and software
- Strong understanding of M&E principles, methodologies, data collection, analysis and interpretation
- Strong understanding of grant reporting for humanitarian donors
- Experience of staff management and capacity development
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work long hours under significant pressure
- Commitment to beneficiary accountability and humanitarian principles
- Good English skills, spoken and written
- Degree in Data Management, Marketing etc
- Experience of web design and database
- Experience of WASH programme implementation
- NGO experience in a humanitarian setting, especially WASH experience.
- Experience of working remotely
- Fluency in Arabic
General terms and conditions
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired during duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to a reference check. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications equally from both men and women.
Any job offer made is also subject to background checks. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document.
If you would like to apply for the above position, please click on the “apply now” button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline is 14 May 2018.