The Young Water Fellowship Program aims to empower young leaders from low and middle income countries to implement projects to tackle water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), water pollution and water scarcity issues, by offering them an intensive training program, seed funding grants for their projects, and mentoring support by senior level experts during one year.
Each year, this program brings about 10 young community leaders capable of successfully designing and implementing sustainable and inclusive water initiatives that significantly improve living conditions in their communities, while contributing to the achievement of SDG #6 (water and sanitation for all).
The YWF 2018 will focus on social entrepreneurship. Young people with social businesses ideas (or projects that can be turned into social businesses) that address water-related issues are welcome to apply.
Fellows attend Cewas’ Start-up training and are trained by experts in:
IWRM | Project management | Business | Water and gender | Pitching | SDG 6
among others topics
Fellows are assigned water and business mentors according to their needs, who provide technical support and guidance
Fellows are provided with opportunities for seed funding up to €5000 for their initiatives
Conditions to apply:
- Be 18 to 30 years old at the time of the application
- Be the founder or co-founder of an initiative that contributes to the solution of a well-defined water problem in your country. The initiative should be in its initial stages and have the ability to be turned into a social enterprise (i.e have a long-term sustainability component or business model).
- Be a resident from this list of low and middle income countries.
- Have a valid passport and be available to attend a workshop in Europe from August 13th to September 14th 2018 (note that these dates might be subject to change),
- All training costs are covered by the organization (flights, transportation in Europe, accommodation, meals), but participants must cover their visa expenses and transport costs to the closest international airport in their country of residency.
- Be able to communicate in English (intermediate level at least).
– You can download the Terms of Reference of the 2018 Young Water Fellowship HERE.
– To apply, fill in the online form by clicking in the button below. You can donwload the applications form here to work on it offline.
– Check our Q&A below. If you have further questions about the YWF 2018, please contact us here: [email protected] Only questions that are not addressed in the Q&A will be answered.