The Water Supply and Sanitation Collaborative Council (WSSCC) was established in 1990 and mandated by name in United Nations General Assembly resolution A/RES/45/181.The WSSCC Secretariat is hosted by the United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) and aims to accelerate the achievement of sustainable sanitation, hygiene and water services for all people, with special attention to the unserved poor, by enhancing collaboration and coordination of all sector stakeholders. The WSSCC Secretariat is located in Geneva, Switzerland. More information on WSSCC can be found on the website at www.wsscc.org.
Reporting to the Head of Communications, The Publications & Production Officer is responsible for producing a range of communications print and digital products including brochures, reports, advocacy and capacity building materials, websites and other digital resources. The incumbent is part of the Corporate Communications and Media Unit and has an internal and external client orientation. Internally, the incumbent with liaise closely with other Communications staff and with staff in other WSSCC units and departments in the development and production of communications products and tools. Externally, the postholder will liaise closely with external editors, translators, graphic designers, printers, and other communications service providers under individual or corporate contracts with WSSCC/UNOPS. The incumbent coordinates procurement of production services as manages relationships with suppliers and individual consultants.
- Develop and implement an annual publications and production work plan as a component of the overarching unit work plan, in support of the Head of Corporate Communications and Media.
- Engage and coordinate with WSSCC Units and Departmental develop concepts and proposals for producing publications and other products.
- Develop and apply publications and production project management approaches in order to control projects linked to production at WSSCC; Facilitate and coordinate the application of such project management approaches.
- Manage traffic flow and monitor adherence to project timelines and roles/responsibilities.
- Monitor sign off by project teams at key production stages.
- Liaise with all internal and external stakeholders to coordinate the initiation, implementation, closure and evaluation of projects.
- Perform monitoring and reporting on any active projects, including by tracking key performance indicators of quality, such as schedule, budgets and benefits
- Prepare progress reports to senior management, including recommendations on continuation or closure of production projects and opportunities to transform to digital or online products.
- Manage inventory of publications and resources stored and distributed globally and to Geneva by external storage and distribution supplier. Ensure copies of publications in WSSCC’s library and archives and liaise with Social Media Analyst to ensure version control of online resources and publciations..
- Manage procurement and for services and goods providers, including developing Terms of Reference and related documentation required for print and production-related recruitment and procurement (editorial, translation, design and prepress, printing/production, etc.); review proposals, liaise with companies and partners and prepare procurement documents for submission to UNOPS.
- Maintain complete record of contracts and agreements and monitor and process payment requests. Develop and maintain systems to monitor performance of production contractors.