UNICEF and the Government of China have agreed to implement an integrated WASH and nutrition programme in Qinghai province. One of the aims is to initiate a “Toilet Revolution” movement across the province. This will be done through advocacy and with the help of Total Sanitation County models. The successes and lessons learned will be captured and documented for scaling up interventions in other regions of China. Equally, the project aims to empower communities allowing school directors, teachers, students, township hospital managers, doctors, and other key opinion leaders to act as agents to drive change in social norms, facilitating local sanitation and hygiene transformation, healthy lifestyles and green consumption.
How can you make a difference?
We are seeking a full-time consultant to provide technical support in designing, planning, implementing and monitoring the Toilet Revolution project in Qinghai Province. The consultant will work in close collaboration with other WASH team members in UNICEF China. Areas of responsibilities include:
- Assist in connecting with local government counterparts at provincial and county level to develop implementing progressing plan;
- Assist to develop activity plans to be implemented in communities, schools and health facilities with local counterparts;
- Assist to organize the implementation of activities and conduct on-site monitoring of effectiveness and efficiency;
- Support to the design and implement a Knowledge, Attitude and Practice (KAP) survey and baseline survey of the project;
- Assist to conduct campaigns for behaviour change in using toilet and practicing personal hygiene.
To consultant will be based in UNICEF’s office in Beijing, with frequent travel to Qinghai province.
To qualify as a champion for every child you will have…
- A university degree in public health, sanitation, or environment
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in public health, sanitation, or environment sectors
- Familiarity with policies, practices, models and approaches in Water, sanitation and Hygiene (WASH)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of community mobilization
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Ability to travel to Qinghai province and work in high altitude
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and independently
- Fluency in English and Mandarin, both written and spoken
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
If you recognise yourself from the above and wish to make a difference for every child, please review the full Terms of Reference through this link and send a Cover Letter and CV as well as a financial proposal indicating your daily consultancy rate to [email protected], or apply online through www.unicef.org/employ (requisition 512486). The deadline for receipt of applications is 6 May 2018.