Working under the supervision of the Senior Finance Officer, the Junior Finance Officer will be responsible to perform a variety of Finance and project related tasks in the Finance Office including providing support in Budget Management, Financial Accounting, Account reconciliation, co-ordination with the other units of the institute to assist in Finance office operational needs. The Junior Officer will provide support to the Business Development unit on all budget preparation and in including budgets in the SAP system.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure timely and accurate budget update in the system in accordance with the donor agreement budget.
- Liaise with Project Leaders and Researchers for project code issuance & consolidating execution site wise budget for all projects.
- Liaise with various departments and gather data to support IWMI overall budgeting process.
- Regularly update budgets and ensure that the budget is in line with the needs for each execution site and donor requirements.
- Work with Business Development unit to develop budgets.
- Upload proposal budgets on SAP.
- Update of budget revisions/amendments in the system & timely actions for the budget related queries.
- Allocate proposal development staff time in SAP in coordination with Human Resources and Project Management Offices.
- Work with Business Development unit to amend proposal budgets at the time of approval.
- Ensuring a periodic revision of USD budget for NON USD Grants & update the system with forex variances.
- Ad-hoc repots as and when required.
Required Technical and Behavioral CompetenciesL
- Degree in accounting, finance or relevant field.
- Part qualification in CA, ACCA or CIMA will be an advantage.
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and familiarity with relevant computer software (e.g. SAP)
- Effective listening skills, excellent verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated service approach and personal organization and priority setting skills.