As a main target country for German development cooperation, especially in the fields of Good Governance, agriculture, and water supply & sewage disposal, Mali is a priority partner for the German Federal government ever since the 2015 peace agreement. In this context, our office at the German House in Bamako has provided technical coordination for the water sector as well as supervision of our branch office in Dakar, Senegal. After a familiarisation phase in Frankfurt, you will have the chance to effect manifest positive change on-site by using your diplomatic and creative skills as a professional problem solver.
- Your purview encompasses the entire range of financial cooperation in the water sector, including support for undertakings of the Niger Basin Authority (ABN) and mandates from other donors as well as reporting on the progress of ongoing projects.
- Furthermore, you contribute to the conceptual advancement of our project portfolio by acquiring, preparing, examining, and organising new projects as well as positioning them in the international sectoral working group.
- Next to continued technical coordination of the water sector, your role within the sectoral team “Agriculture, Water, and Biodiversity” includes assistance with implementing the country strategy.
- You advise the German embassy and other partners of all relevant issues pertaining to your area of responsibility, supervise consulting assignments and coordinate – often high-ranking – visiting delegations, and deputise for the office manager in country-specific, often representative functions.
- As the case arises, you can also fill in for various tasks at the office, e. g. in public relations or other fields.
- University degree in economics or business administration, social sciences, humanities, engineering, management, or a comparable qualification
- Several years of relevant experience in project management, especially with the technical supervision of financial cooperation projects in the water sector
- Fluent in French and German
- Confident and convincing appearance and diplomatic skills especially in negotiating with public authorities, foreign embassies, and other institutions
- Responsible and decisive personality with pronounced skills in target-oriented concept design
We expect much from you and look forward to welcoming you – with a corporate culture that is distinguished by its openness and respect, with good employee benefits and a relationship based on trust, which you will notice from day one. Equal opportunity and diversity in all its aspects, like the inclusion of persons with (severe) disabilities, are part of our daily routine, just as is creating opportunities for you to find your ideal balance between work and life. We have managed to achieve this for decades and we look forward to your commitment and abilities. We especially welcome applications from women.
Please send your application – preferably today – to your contact Imke Finke-Hatscher using our online application form. Further information is available at kfw.de/karriere.
About the organization
Based in Frankfurt, Germany, KfW Bankengruppe gives impetus to economic, social and ecological development worldwide. As a promotional bank under the ownership of the Federal Republic and the Länder (federal states), it offers support to encourage sustainable improvement in economic, social, ecological living and business conditions, among others in the areas of small and medium-sized enterprise, entrepreneurialship, environmental protection, housing, infrastructure, education finance, project and export finance, and development cooperation.