Who we are: Auranitis Life Line was founded by Syrian youth volunteers. Auranitis is a neutral, impartial and independent organization. It works in times of war and peace and focus on humanitarian work. Human is Auranitis main priority, so we choose him as a symbol in our logo. Vision: “Is to construct a society based on equal opportunities for all in the stream of human life, to live in dignity, safety, and security and ultimately result in effective productivity for society as a whole.” Mission: “To provide suitable knowledge and tools to vulnerable people through economic empowerment, access to education, humanitarian assistance, social services, and capacity building”.
The main role for this position:
The Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) Project Manager is responsible for running and supervising the water, sanitation and hygiene project Water at all stages of the project management cycle. He/she is also responsible for accomplishing the program objectives and outcomes within the contextual constraints. The Project Manager ensures the overall success of the project by making sure the WASH team which is located in Syria – Daraa completes the defined activities while adhering to internal standards and contractual obligations; and that the project is completed on time, within budget and with acceptable quality
- Manage the assigned WASH project to meet the project objectives within budget and allotted time frame
- Develop a project plan, ensure its smooth implementation, and manage the team’s performance of project tasks and activities
- Develop and ensure the use of appropriate techniques and materials for hygiene promotion and training.
- Manage the WASH team human resources and provide technical support, training and capacity building.
- Manage the project budget through the passing of timely orders, the preparation of monthly forecasts and the monitoring of expenditure.
- Track the progress of activities, ensure the collecting of project indicators and provide ontime internal status reports and external donor reports
- Identify and monitor risks, constraints or escalating issues, and inform the hierarchy accordingly
- Ensure that all data and information is updated, well organized and easily accessible; and that lessons learnt and best practice are capitalized.
- Coordinate with other technical departments to ensure a common approach, synergy and sharing of information
- Analyze and report on the evolving needs and provide clear recommendations for interventions.
- Develop appropriate targeting criteria and mechanisms to ensure the needs of identified vulnerable groups are met
- Continuously monitor and supervise WASH activities, overseeing the technical design, execution and evaluation of progress through outputs and impacts using both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Handle reporting, administrative management & budgetary management for the project
- Communicate with teams, partners, community members and authorities
- University degree in Environmental Health, Public Health, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene or other related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience” to the requirements section
- At least 3 years of experience working in the NGO sector
- Proven abilities in developing monitoring and evaluation tools, data analysis and report writing;
- Excellent written English and Arabic and ability with standard Office packages – Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Established WASH networks and strong relationship management skills;