Who we are: Auranitis Life Line was founded by Syrian youth volunteers. Auranitis is a neutral, impartial and independent organization. It works in times of war and peace and focus on humanitarian work. Human is Auranitis main priority, so we choose him as a symbol in our logo. Vision: “Is to construct a society based on equal opportunities for all in the stream of human life, to live in dignity, safety, and security and ultimately result in effective productivity for society as a whole.” Mission: “To provide suitable knowledge and tools to vulnerable people through economic empowerment, access to education, humanitarian assistance, social services, and capacity building”.
The main role for this position:
The Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) Enginer is responsible to coordinate the operation, implementation, and monitoring of the WASH Infrastructure interventions within Auranitis’s Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) program in the Syria – Daraa, with the goal to improve the public health of the target population.
- Coordinate the implementation of the project’s infrastructure related activities
- Conduct technical assessments and data analysis
- Develop and continually update Detailed Implementation Plans (DIPs) for the delivery of project WASH infrastructure.
- Provide overall follow up and supervision of the engineering works related to the project
- Provide technical expertise related to the planned infrastructure works carried out by the project
- Monitor expenditures, budgets, and track activity expenses; ensure that appropriate action is taken in a timely fashion
- Define the reference standards to be adopted in the planned WASH infrastructure
- Develop technical resources (e.g. strategic framework, standard operating procedures (SOPs), manuals) to guide Auranitis‘s WASH Infrastructure interventions, drawing from international best practices, along with field specific observations.
- Develop clear infrastructure monitoring tools (e.g. checklists)
- Conduct trainings for project staff on WASH infrastructure monitoring, operations, and maintenance.
- Follow up with WASH team in Syria – Daraa and remotly manage the team
- Report the daily progress of works to the project manager
- Ensure that all WASH infrastructure data is well managed and provides an accurate representation of the reality on the ground.
- Validate the accuracy of the data, and the quality of the WASH Infrastructure interventions.
- Submit regular reports related to the project’s WASH infrastructure to the Project Manager.
- Liaise between the project’s stakeholders and beneficiaries
- Perform other relevant tasks as assigned
- Bachelor Degree in Civil or Mechanical engineering
- 2-3 years experience in an infrastructure project (design, planning, implementation, budgeting, reporting, evaluation and monitoring)
- Independent, self-starter and creative
- Strong English and Arabic communication skills (oral and written)
- A high level of diplomacy and networking skills is required
- Strong capacity building and facilitation skills
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity and physical stamina
- Ability to work without supervision
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment
- Able to use a computer, with word-processing and spreadsheets, (e.g. Microsoft Office)
- Able to use AutoCad and other related software.