Description The selected candidate will assume responsibility for managing the finances and administration of the office. They will advise leadership in financial decision making, while participating in organizational development and human resources management.
- Prepare operational budgets, monitor their implementation, interpret gaps and report to management.
- Bookkeeping with Sage 50 (Simply Accounting) software.
- Management of accounts payable and receivable.
- Payroll management.
- Management of expense accounts and advances.
- Monthly bank reconciliation.
- Follow-up of financial partnership agreements.
- Negotiate with external partners on behalf of management (customers, suppliers, administrations)
- Producing monthly and annual financial reports.
- Preparation of documents necessary for the closing of the fiscal year, ensuring auditors are supported.
- Advise management on short-term financial forecasts.
- Formulate proposals on medium-term financial strategies.
- Support project managers in their financial planning.
- Collect information from project managers for financial monitoring of projects.
- Classification of electronic data and accounting documents.
Human resources support:
- Preparation, control and payment of wages.
- Support to recruit new employees.
- Manage vacation schedules.
- Writing of work certificates.
- Develop of draft agenda and take minutes at board meetings, general meetings and other team meetings.
- Update the organization`s membership list and remit membership dues.
- Other tasks related to office management: equipment purchasing, accounting, the secretariat and the administration.
Qualifications and skills
- Completed studies in administration, accounting, finance or other related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Excellent knowledge of both English and French.
- Understanding of accrual accounting and project-based accounting (knowledge of laws and practices in France would be an asset).
- Expertise with government (national / international) and foundation grants is an asset.
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information with integrity.
- Attention to detail, strong analytical skills and ability to work independently.
- Excellent sense of priorities, planning and strong organizational skills.
- Be open to short-term financial and administrative monitoring missions outside Canada
- 22.5 hours per week (flexible)
- Pay to be determined according to candidate’s experience and internal pay scales
- Location: Montreal
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada
Application procedure Interested persons are requested to submit a curriculum vitae with a cover letter. Please include the name and contact information of at least two references. The documents must be sent by e-mail – in a combined PDF file – with the subject line “Office administrator” at the following address: [email protected] Applications must be received by May 6. For more information on ISW, visit www.sie-isw.org