We are looking for an awesome, energetic, dedicated addition to our staff!
Based in southern Oregon, Rogue Riverkeeper fills a unique role in the Rogue River basin as a watchdog, steward and voice for the river and its watershed. As Rogue Riverkeeper works to protect clean water and fish populations in the Rogue River basin, we are currently looking to hire a motivated conservation advocate to join our staff in Ashland, Oregon.
Job Purpose: The Outreach Coordinator will work with the Rogue Riverkeeper and Conservation Director to identify and conduct outreach opportunities throughout the Rogue Basin. Specifically, the Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for managing and implementing the summer Water Quality Monitoring Program, organizing outreach events and expanding our volunteer program by recruiting and training new volunteers.
Duties and Objectives:
- Manage summer Water Quality Monitoring program
- Recruit, coordinate, and train Water Quality Monitoring intern and volunteers
- Work with Rogue Riverkeeper staff to identify other program needs and create volunteer opportunities in support of program goals
- Develop a volunteer tracking database, including interested individuals, active volunteers, and hours contributed by project
- Recruit, train and manage volunteers.
- Organize outreach events
- Identify new outreach opportunities
- Create social media content and support Rogue Riverkeeper staff with communications
- Support Rogue Riverkeeper staff with events, fundraising, membership and basic communications
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Experience recruiting, training and managing volunteers
- Understanding of aquatic issues
- Experience with organizing and implementing events
- Works well with diverse stakeholders, positive attitude
- Commitment to, and demonstrated ability to work well as part of a team while able to work independently
- Proficient in basic computer applications, such as word processing, spreadsheets, social media and internet usage
- Must have reliable transportation
- Commitment to the mission and values and Rogue Riverkeeper
- Relationship with the Rogue Basin and its communities
- Prior experience with water quality monitoring and sampling
- Spanish language
- Ability to guide a raft for educational float trips
- Knowledge of computer graphic design programs
Pay and Location:
The position is 24 hours per week. Salary will be based on commensurate experience and will be located in Rogue Riverkeeper’s Ashland office. Rogue Riverkeeper offers attractive benefits including health insurance and paid time off for holidays, vacation and sick days.
The Outreach Coordinator reports to the Rogue Riverkeeper and is part of a team that also includes the Rogue Riverkeeper Conservation Director. Most work is performed from our office in Ashland, OR, but the position will also require some traveling, evening, and weekend work (when appropriate). Access to your own transportation will be needed for some travel throughout the watershed.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter and 2 references by April 30th to [email protected] or Rogue Riverkeeper PO Box 102, Ashland OR 97520.
Rogue Riverkeeper is a program of the Klamath Siskiyou Wildlands Center (KS Wild). Rogue Riverkeeper operates as its own organization with its own members, website, program priorities, and staff but is licensed under KS Wild’s 501c3.
Rogue Riverkeeper is an official member of Waterkeeper Alliance, which is an international movement uniting more than 300 locally based clean water organizations and focusing citizen action on issues that affect our waterways, from pollution to climate change.