World Wildlife Fund (WWF), the world’s leading conservation organization, seeks a Senior Advisor, Earth for Life (EFL). The Senior Advisor is part of the EFL High Impact Initiative (HII) leadership team. The EFL leadership team is dedicated full-time to developing and executing the HII. EFL aims to accelerate and expand deployment of the Project Finance for Permanence (PFP) approach to secure globally significant biodiversity conservation and climate change outcomes. The HII intends to execute PFPs in as many as 10 countries over the next decade.
The Senior Advisor’s major function is to oversee individual PFP development and closing processes.
- Design and facilitate efficient and effective PFP development processes in conjunction with PFP project managers;
- Identify and manage PFP Deal Brokers and aid with negotiations, as needed;
- Ensure adequate capacity to execute PFP deals as they evolve;
- Ensure consistent and rigorous agreements that reflect global best practice and safeguard effective implementation;
- Assist in developing and managing public and private partnerships for the EFL HII;
- Other duties as assigned
- An advanced degree in economics, business, law, or international development is required
- Must have at least 10 years work experience developing, designing and negotiating complex agreements in the public or private sectors
- Must have excellent organizational skills with emphasis on complex project management, staff supervision, and “matrix” management up, down and across an organization
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a high performing international team
- Ability to effectively prioritize your time and other’s while working accurately under time constraints.
- Must be able to work independently and with discretion.
- Experience engaging with governments in developing countries in development, business and/or environmental issues.
- Prior experience working or collaborating with international development organizations, nonprofit organizations, and private foundations is desired.
- Experience with protected area financing approaches is desirable
- French, Spanish or Portuguese language skills preferred.