- Full time role with monthly RDO
- Salary $100,081 – $112,043 + 9.5% super
- Join a trusted, innovative organisation with an excellent reputation and great culture
Join Western Water as we undergo an exciting transformation. Western Water supplies water, recycled water and sewerage services to more than 150,000 people who live and work in Melbourne’s northern and western growth corridors.
An exciting opportunity exists for an exceptional Research and Policy Officer to join Western Water’s Strategy and Planning division to lead initiatives relating to water policy and service design.
This newly created role will:
- Support Western Water’s strategic goals through key policy and research development, focused on environmental outcomes, financial sustainability, business efficiency, liveability and improved customer experience
- Identify emerging strategic, industry, technical, political, customer and regulator trends and prepare and coordinate detailed and complex reports and briefings
- Advance Western Water’s role and standing as an active industry contributor and thought leader
- Leverage value through collaboration in research and policy development
- Identify and attract research funding
- A relevant tertiary qualification in a related field and a solid understanding of the technical issues and regulatory frameworks in relation to the urban water industry including drinking water, recycled water, sewage and environmental sustainability.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting complex research and analysis and the ability to provide authoritative and informed advice to key stakeholders.
- Proven experience in policy development and knowledge of government policy
- Familiarity with quantitative and economic analysis, e.g. budget and other spread-sheet analysis
- High level oral and written skills with proven experience in the preparation and presentation of comprehensive plans, proposals, reports and policies.
At Western Water we care for our people, support balance and flexibility, and are committed to the professional growth of our employees. If you want to work with talented, passionate people where you can make an impact and see the results of your hard work, then we encourage you to apply. We encourage job applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, LGBTI and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
To apply, please forward your application to [email protected]
Applications close COB Friday 27 April, 2018.