This position is located in the National Weather Servce (NWS), Office of Water Prediction (OWP) in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
This position is also announced under vacancy number NWS-2018-0142, which is open to all US Citizens or Nationals. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
* A one year probationary period may be required.
* Payment of relocation expenses is authorized.
* This position is in the bargaining unit.
* May involve rotating shifts.
This Job Opportunity Announcement may be used to fill other Hydrologist, GS-1315-13 positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g.: within the same geographic locations, same grade/band and requires the same qualifications and specialized experience as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
As a Hydrologist, you will perform the following duties:
- Perform a wide range of assignments of considerable difficulty and complexity in hydrologic forecasting, techniques and procedure development, and implementation of operational hydrologic procedures.
- Provide leadership in supplying hydrologic services to the public and in coordinating programmatic changes in hydrologic products.
- Lead one or more highly complex and technically advanced hydrologic service programs.
- Develop, modify and utilize applicable state-of-the art computer hardware and software components in the preparation of studies of hydrological events and problems.