Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
In this role you will:
- As a recognised specialist in the field of environmental fate / groundwater monitoring studies, develop the science, link with other parts of the Company and the industry, and introduce new science to the department
- Design and manage very complex programmes of environmental fate and/or groundwater monitoring studies including critical assessment of the data being generated and take into account regulatory and technical implications
- Input to internal project teams and monitor studies sponsored by Syngenta which are conducted by external Contract Research Organisations.
- Develops, debates and agrees with internal experts on appropriate strategies for use in work programmes.
- Represents the Company in discussions with external regulatory agencies to negotiate issues on the acceptability of results and procedures for compounds under review.
- Define and solve key scientific and technical problems, particularly on the design/use/ interpretation of data and contributes to the development of appropriate new science in order to provide a broadly based scientific input to aspects of environmental fate.
- Attend multi-disciplinary project meetings and deliver complex presentations
- Maintain or build scientific credibility internally and externally in the area of environmental fate studies/water monitoring studies.
Skills & experience:
- A degree in a relevant science discipline such as environmental science / physical geography, a higher degree (MSc or PhD is desirable) or equivalent post-graduate experience relating to environmental science.
- Technical experience in conducting environmental fate studies
- Experience in interpreting studies addressing the environmental fate of plant protection products.
- Experience in project leadership and technical leadership.
- Able to analyse complex data and making judgments on their potential impact.
- Networking and relationship building skills.
- Ability to operate across multicultural environments.
Syngenta will offer:
- Permanent position.
- Competitive benefits package.
- Up to 31.5 days flexible annual holiday.
- Good onsite facilities (restaurant, gym, sports/social clubs, healthcare).
- Ample free onsite parking.