Oxfam is a vibrant global movement of passionate, dedicated people fighting poverty together. People power drives everything we do. From saving lives and developing projects that put poor people in charge of their lives and livelihoods, to campaigning for change that lasts. That’s Oxfam in action. If you share this vision and commitment, then you are exactly who we are looking for.
Working with us is so much more than having an eight-to-five job. As an employee, you are joining a team of professionals in more than 90 countries in the world who are all committed to delivering lasting change to end world poverty and injustice. Working for Oxfam will give you opportunities to enrich your career across different programmes and focus areas. Thousands of people have already joined and have committed their time, talents and expertise to change lives around the world. Now, we’re challenging you to contribute yours.
Oxfam offers staff a comprehensive benefits package including medical cover, life insurance, provident fund, different kind of leaves and lot of learning and development opportunities.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Program & Project Management
- Overall responsible for the strategic development and implementation of the Oxfam Philippines Water for Women project.
- Lead with full responsibility the effective partnerships and project management across the entire project life cycle of the Water for Women Project. Ensuring that programme implementation is done to achieve greatest impact possible in a cost effective, consultative, participative and gender responsive way. Oversee development and implementation of the project monitoring, evaluation, assessment and learning systems.
- Act as the budget holder for Water for Women Project. Ensuring that all expenditure is in line with project budget/forecast, and that transactions and documentation comply with Oxfam policy, procedure and minimum standards. Monitoring budget vs actual and partner finance and activity reporting monthly, sharing with relevant colleagues and taking remedial action as necessary and in a timely way. On a periodic basis, review spending against budget and recommend changes and corrections in project information, budget forecasts, etc.
- Leads in compliance with all organizational and donor requirements, producing narrative and financial reports for projects under remit, and collaborates with relevant colleagues, technical advisors, program quality, and business development functions to ensure timely submission of high quality reporting that complies with donor requirements.
- Leads in developing strong organizational relationships with partner organizations within the SRHR portfolio, coordinating and monitoring all activities and communications to ensure that they reflect the spirit and intent of the country programme’s Strategic Partnership Model.
- Responsible for the furtherance of the Oxfam strategic partnership model in the SRHR program and projects and support the overall country office in collective pursuit of the same throughout the country programme and operations. Ensuring that partners are equal stakeholders in project management, reporting, and MELSA and that the way that we engage with partners in these areas are empowering, principled and fully aligned with the Strategic Partnership Model.
- Contributes to the assessment and capability development of partner organizations under remit by initiating and coordinating activities with operations, technical, and business development leads, and ensures that these processes are participatory, fully understood and engaged with by the partner organizations within his/her remit, and that partner organizations remain fully apprised of timing, requirements, and status throughout.
- Coordinates with partner organizations under remit to ensure that all reports are submitted in a timely manner and in accordance with donor and Oxfam requirements, collaborating early to identify potential delays, challenges or capacity gaps and coordinating with colleagues to address and rectify.
- Works collaboratively to solve any partnership-related concerns or challenges within his/her portfolio, seeking to resolve them in a mutually beneficial and amicable way that seeks to empower and escalates concerns or challenges to his/her line manager as appropriate.
- Manage / supervise performance of the project staff in line with Oxfam policies, ensuring that they have the necessary induction, training, support and effective management against agreed objectives.
- Manage the delivery of the needs of partners for technical advise by working with a team of Oxfam technical advisers. Manage consultants/service providers that may be assigned to the project and ensures competencies are equal to the programme’s demands.
- Provide support to the team members in a timely manner to meet project and learning needs.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Degree in health, women’s studies, development, social policy, or related discipline.
- In depth understanding of and extensive work experience in SRHR and Gender Justice issues in the Philippines.
- Proven track record in project management of multi-year, large scale donor funded projects across multiple municipalities and provinces relevant to SRHR and Gender Justice.
- Significant experience of and proven ability to build, sustain, and manage strong partnerships and work collaboratively with a wide variety of organizations including government agencies, CSOs, NGOs, and private sector institutions.
- Demonstrated commitment to mainstreaming gender and diversity equity issues as well as a commitment to neutrality & impartiality.
- In-depth understanding of the political, socio-economic, and environmental context of marginalized Mindanao and ARRM will be an advantage.
Contract Length: Two years
The Successful candidate will be subject to screening process and satisfactory reference check from current and previous supervisors.