The Regional Environmental Centre for Central Asia (CAREC) is an independent, non-profit, non-political, international organization assisting the Central Asian governments, regional and international stakeholders in addressing environmental and sustainability challenges across Central Asia. By promoting dialogue and collaboration among all environmental stakeholders, CAREC has today become a leading regional knowledge hub in the field of environment and sustainable development recognized by national, regional and international partners.
CAMP4ASB is one of the largest projects, CAREC implements nowadays. The initiative is implemented and led by the Climate Change and Sustainable Energy Program Manager, who is responsible for the overall performance and management of the project at the regional level (Component 1, and Subcomponent 3.1).
CAREC announces the above-mentioned position with the following objectives and requirements:
1. Develop ToRs for the consultants and firms, to perform climate-related studies and tasks (methodologies, approaches, tools, etc.), which would feed into the research and knowledge products, such as:
a. projecting climate change impacts on physical, biological and social systems;
b. analytical tools for conducting vulnerability impact assessments in key sectors;
c. studies at pilot areas/sectors to determine the impact of climate change on physical, biological and social systems;
2. Assure quality of the knowledge products, methodologies, approaches, tools, capacity building exercises and handout materials, developed by consultants, firms and project staff;
3. Develop assessment tools and analytical products (e.g. models, vulnerability maps, GIS assessment reports, etc.) supporting decision making process for climate change adaptation in such spheres as water resources
4. Support RCU Coordinator in developing regular consolidated reports on CAMP4ASB project progress to EC-IFAS and World Bank project manager;
5. Perform any other duties as agreed with RCU Coordinator.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CANDIDATES
● At least seven years of relevant working experience in the management of climate change, natural resources, economics and/or environmental projects in an international or regional;
● Good knowledge of climate change science and interventions in Central Asia, with natural resource management, sustainable energy, agriculture, etc.;
● Extensive experience of working with national ministries, government agencies, academia and civil society on issues concerning climate change, natural resource management, sector-based development;
● Skills on using GIS, Remote Sensing and modelling tools for climate, hydrological systems is advantage
● Master’s degree in a field related to environmental sciences, climate, agriculture, natural resources and/or green economy.
● Applicant must demonstrate enthusiasm for, and commitment, to sustainable development and environmental management;
● Excellent communication and inter-personal skills;
● Excellent team building skills;
● Fluent in English and Russian;
● Ability to think strategically and evidence of problem identification, analysis and offering of solutions;
● Ability and willingness to travel to project-supported areas.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.