CDP, one of the world’s leading climate change charities, is seeking a highly motivated individual to coordinate and implement the Commit to Action corporate commitments campaign in Europe.
About Commit to Action: The Commit to Action campaign works with the world’s most influential companies to encourage them to sign up to climate leadership commitments supported by the We Mean Business Coalition. More than 600 of the world’s largest companies have made over 1100 commitments to action. Please visit www.wemeanbusinesscoalition.org and www.cdp.net/commit to read more about the campaign.
The role includes:
- Directly engaging with companies through phone calls, webinars, and in-person meetings to educate them on the campaign and to gather their commitments to take specific climate change actions;
- Managing and implementing a regional strategy for engagement on the campaign for European companies, cooperating closely with WMB partners and the CDP Europe corporate engagement team and supporting the other CDP programs;
- Support the Commit to Action Manager in coordination of the campaign, particularly in the management of relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, including with CDP global offices and programs, commitment/ initiative partners, WMB regional partners and collaborators, industry groups, and consumer groups to facilitate other’s work to advance CDP and WMB’s corporate engagement strategy and goals;
- Travelling and speaking on the campaign in an official capacity in meetings and events, and supporting local CDP and partner events;
- Preparing general project research and data analysis and drafting briefings and updates on CDP’s work that would be shared internally within CDP on a periodic basis, as well as writing or contributing to reports, briefings, updates, blogs, twitter and Linked-In discussions that would be shared externally;
- Utilizing internal client relationship management systems (CRM and Excel) to keep records and track progress;
- Assisting with ad-hoc tasks as required.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field;
- 3-5 year’s work experience, preferably related to sustainability and/or business;
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and ability to interact with high-level stakeholders with confidence and fluency on key campaign messages and goals;
- Strong attention to detail, prioritization, time management and organization skills, with an ability to work effectively under pressure;
- Demonstrated experience in campaign work, sales, project management, and/or event management preferred;
- A good understanding of policy developments on key issues, such as international climate change, energy efficiency, water, forests, sustainable cities and corporate environmental reporting;
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of teams and external stakeholders, liaising as needed across different time zones, teams, and cultures within the organization;
- Understanding of the aims and objectives of CDP, as well as a passionate desire to drive forward the mission of CDP;
- Very good Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Fluent in English communication skills (written and verbal), additional languages an advantage.
What we offer:
- Exciting and challenging tasks in an international team with flat hierarchies and quick decision making;
- Competitive NGO salary and annual bonus (depending on company results);
- 30 days annual holidays;
- Flexible working hours;
- Monthly contribution to public transport ticket (BVG Monatskarte);
- Modern office at Sony Centre/Potsdamer Platz with free hot and cold beverages.
The successful candidate will work five days per week and must be able to work legally in Germany. This full-time role is based at our office in Berlin, Germany, and will work closely with and report to the Commit to Action Manager.
Interested? Interested candidates should submit their complete application documents (motivation letter addressed to Elena Stecca, CV, references/certificates and salary expectations) in English, as a single PDF file and via email to [email protected] with “Project Officer CTA – First name Last name” in the subject line.