Expected start date: July 2018, six month duration
Preferably 12 years’ international working experience in institutional improvement and reform of water and sanitation or similar public utility companies. Experience in community and communal services institutional analysis and development, particularly in the water supply and sanitation sector is required. Having 5 years’ working experience in similar projects in countries with similar geographic conditions will be an added advantage. ADB or other International Donor-funded project implementation experience is desirable.
Under the supervision of the Project Team Leader, the Institutional and Service Reform Specialist will undertake the following tasks:
• Review and define the institutional structure, mandates, staff requirements, and job descriptions and qualifications of the company.
• Prepare service standards and key performance indicators that are clearly defined and measurable, to be reported by the company.
• Lead to work with government officials and other consultants to implement Financial Sustainability Action Plan.
• Based on staff requirements, assess capacity requirements for staff, and prepare and implement a capacity development program for putting in place adequate capacity in WSSCs focusing on technical aspects; and co-lead implementation of the capacity development program.
• Develop a monitoring framework for water utilities reflecting the service standards and key performance indicators, and assist WSSCs in undertaking monitoring and producing reports;
• Advise KP province administration and other relevant Government stakeholders on international best practices for water sector regulation and provide specific guidance considering the context of Pakistan, mainly from a technical viewpoint.
• PS the Capacity Building Program and provide support with specific examples and eventually participating to selected workshops sessions; Provide inputs to periodic and annual reports, as required.
Please email your CV to [email protected]