It’s hard to believe that today 844 million people do not have clean water and 2.3 billion do not have a decent toilet – around one in three of the world’s population. Every two minutes a child under five dies from diarrheal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation.
WaterAid Zambia is looking for a Head of Funding to play a vital role in our mission to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone in Zambia by 2030.
Under the general guidance and direct Supervision of the Country Director, you will be responsible for the overall coordination, planning, development, and management of a public and private sector fundraising strategy to mobilize resources and support accountability of transparent grant management. The role is responsible for the analysis and management of all fundraising channels and activities, ensuring long-term, restricted and unrestricted resources for the Zambia Country Programme.
This is a very critical role with oversight for raising and managing funds from a diversified mix of private and public sources including mass engagement, grant making private foundations and bilateral /multilateral donors.
The role will focus on the following specifically:
- Effectively conduct market analysis on funding trends
- Gather business intelligence
- Identify and participate in responding to business opportunities in the country
- Join existing and /or create new and relevant networks in-country to position WaterAid Zambia for funding partnerships
- Coordinate pre-bid, bid and post bid processes for Zambia
- Coordinate intelligence gathering
- Initiate Go/No Go decisions
- Business Development and Fundraising
- Donor contracts management
- Capacity Building
- Donor engagement
To be successful, you’ll need:
- Minimum of a University degree in International Development, Business, Marketing or other related discipline
- Minimum of Ten (10) years of prior work experience and at least three (3) years should be at senior management level with responsibility for funding and resource mobilisation
- Strong marketing and business development competencies
- Experience in designing projects and delivering activities under tight completion deadlines.
- Strong understanding and experience from managing grant funding from key multilateral and bilateral donors including USAID, DFID, EC etc.
- Experience developing donor specific grant project log frames and reporting tools and in applying such tools in reviewing, monitoring and reporting against funder contracts
- Proven experience developing and reviewing grant funding proposals with evidence of managing end to end process from proposal development to new grant project start up
- Proven experience in building and successfully maintaining strong working relationships with diverse personalities both internally and with external funders
- Experience of working in a matrix management structure
- Willing and able to travel, predominately to WaterAid and partner locations within the CP with some travel in the region.
- Full commitment to WaterAid’s vision, mission and values and a way of working that demonstrates this, with the ability to communicate this enthusiasm to others
We’re looking for people who share a commitment to our vision. We’re looking for people with an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges.
In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also experience stimulation and fulfilment, the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best. This is our pledge to you.
Please find the job description attached.
*Please note that this is not a Finance role
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, send your application, consisting of a letter of interest and a CV, via email to [email protected] using “Head of Funding” as the subject before 27 April 2018. Please provide details of at least three relevant references and clearly indicate details of your current remuneration package.
Please note: in order to apply for this role, you must demonstrate your eligibility to work in Zambia.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We particularly encourage applications from women who are underrepresented at this level in the organisation.
Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date for applications.
No recruitment agencies please.