IMA World Health (IMA) is a non-profit, faith-based organization (FBO) that that implements programs that address health systems strengthening (HSS); maternal, newborn, and child health; (MNCH); nutrition; neglected tropical diseases (NTDs); malaria; HIV; and sexual- and gender-based violence programs in some of the most challenging and post-conflict settings throughout Africa, Asia, and the Caribbean. IMA maintains a diverse and complex funding portfolio made up of both donor-funded grants and contracts that support program services across those countries and totals approximately $100 million annually.
IMA is seeking qualified Nutrition and WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) Technical Experts for a MCC Nutrition/WASH Proposal in Timor Leste. The project aims to reduce impaired child growth and development/stunting or the drivers of impaired child growth/stunting.
- WASH Technical Expert
- At least 15 years’ experience designing, supporting or implementing WASH projects in Timor-Leste or in the region
- Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) degree in nutrition, public health, agriculture, international development or related field preferred
- Knowledge of Timor-Leste’s/regional decentralized approach to the provision of water and sanitation services.
- Experience working with the Timor-Leste Ministry of Public Works or other institutions that oversee federal or municipal water and sanitation services or policies
- Familiarity with rural, peri-urban, and urban water supply infrastructure, waste water treatment technologies, design of small scale septic systems and water delivery systems.
- Experience in building private sector and public sector capacity to manage and sustain WASH investments.
- Familiarity with design and implementation of WASH behavior change approaches including CLTS and the current status of the literature
For immediate consideration, please email your CV/resume to the following email address: [email protected]