The Climate Division is a small multi-disciplinary team within the WYG group supporting a wide range of programmes across geographical regions. The division provides technical, support and expertise to a wide range of infrastructure planning and delivery programmes as well as specialised Monitoring Evaluation and Learning. These include the Climate Resilient Infrastructure Development Facility in Southern Africa (CRIDF) and the ESRES programme in Somalia which is an action learning programme associated with mini-power grid. The Climate Division is a small agile unit comprised of senior professionals from throughout the WYG group who deliver complex programmes for clients.
About the role
The Senior Business Development Consultant will support the divisional/associate director(s) to:
a) Originate a pipeline of relevant opportunities
b) Coordinate with partners on bids
c) Lead technical delivery of complex programmes and contracts
d) Programme management and delivery
As a senior business development consultant you will have extensive professional work experience with in depth knowledge of international development and climate change. You will be an experienced manager, highly analytical and resourceful and ideally have gained direct experience internationally and in numerous developing markets. You will bring relevant climate and development expertise in the infrastructure development cycle and have excellent project management skills.
Essential core skills:
- Extensive experience in project/programme development and implementation
- Direct experience with international development programmes
- In depth knowledge of relevant policy frameworks related to energy and climate change
- Excellent project management skills
- Willingness to travel
- Team player, willing to fill gaps and support as and when necessary
- Significant experience of developing markets
- Established network of industry contacts
- Additional languages (French/Spanish/Swahili/other)
The role location is Amsterdam. WYG has many offices, including central London and there may be the possibility of being based in one of these offices.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the Netherlands and the UK.